Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:57 AM

672 posts, read 789,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Perry and Getzlaf are better. Kane and Toews may have a few more cups but Perry and Getzlaf post better numbers and will get a few more cups together, just wait.
Not likely. It will be hard for your team to get out of the Western Conference, even if it isn't the Blackhawks (who will have cap issues and will be shedding pieces) the Kings are likely to be back again next year as competitors, the Wild are improving and will likely contend, the Preds too, and these teams have the speed to shut down that old, heavy style that the Ducks play. Then there are the Tampa Bay Lightning who, quite frankly, are likely to compete heavily in the next couple of years, at least, and the rest of the improving eastern conference.

What the Blackhawks have done in the salary cap era is remarkable. The combination of skill, speed and veteran moxie had them step up time and time again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 09:37 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Never thought Id see the Cup in my lifetime, let alone 3 in such a short span. This is amazing.

Go back to Floriduh, Tampon Bay Lightning. Your dirty play last night had me lose any respect I had for you. Go pout in your corners.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:17 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
^^^ Lol Floriduh never had a chance against us anyways.....

I love how confident this place is when it comes to winning

Especially how every place I walked into for the past few days
was selling Hawks championship memorabilia in advance, lol

Gotta love it

Old 06-16-2015, 11:26 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
^^^ Lol Floriduh never had a chance against us anyways.....

I love how confident this place is when it comes to winning

Especially how every place I walked into for the past few days
was selling Hawks championship memorabilia in advance, lol

Gotta love it
Thats bold. I think the play was dead even. Most of the time we were outplayed, I wont lie.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:19 AM

672 posts, read 789,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Thats bold. I think the play was dead even. Most of the time we were outplayed, I wont lie.
I don't believe that to be true. Play was pretty darned even through the series with the exception of period one, game one, in which the Blackhawks clearly were outplayed, however, their experience told them that the Bolts could not sustain that level of pace, and they knew that they couldn't match it. Crawford kept them in that period, with only one beautiful incredible goal by Killorn getting past him. Corsi for that game shows that by the middle of period two, play had leveled off, and by period 3, the Blackhawks took that game over.

The rest of the games were quite even, with some ebb and flow. Crawford clearly was the better goalie in games 4-5-6. He was the difference.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:50 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Lol it seems bold, but we're kinda used to winning
I saw this just now, gotta love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGmN_nHwzY4

Old 06-17-2015, 12:13 PM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I don't think so...The Hawks outshot the Bolts by 7 shots in the series. There were a handful of times where the Bolts came out skating hard and hitting and outplaying the Hawks, but for most of the Series, I thought the Hawks played better as a team.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:28 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
It's really interesting as my G/F is a big Capitals fan and was gloating most of the winter and early spring about beating the Hawks twice, including the Winter Classic. I emailed her Monday night "you won the Winter Classic, we won the CUP!"

Oh also included this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=WCvvwoFsMzw

Old 06-17-2015, 10:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
we see those all the time from Bolt players - face plant into the pipes, priceless
You know what we see all the time from Hawks players these days? Stanley Cup victories.

You can have your face plant. We'll take the Cup. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:58 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Who do you think is going getting cut?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey