Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,087 times

Advertisements

Could you give me some ideas how to decorate my living room corner ?
help me please.

URL=http://img229.imageshack.us/i/0120b.jpg/][/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 04:01 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Either another chair or a potted tree.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:21 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,678 times
Good start. My suggestion is to take the room colors, what look like orange/red and black, using those colors in a way bigger pot, and/or tree. You need to fill the space with the colors of the room.

Maybe a black wicker, tall, vaselike basket filled with orange/red silk flowers. If you can find a large pot that is the size and shape you like, it can ALWAYS be painted. Fill it with twisted willow branches. A picture may (or may not) need to be removed. Keep the lamp and find a small dark occasional table and fill a vase with stuff, maybe silk flowers.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
I would do a huge vase of curly willow.

Decorative Branches / Dried Curly Willow Branches

Oversized Metal Floor Vases - HomeboundDecor.com

These vases are merely an example as to size, I would use something at least 3 feet tall, or taller, stuff the bottom of them with newspaper to bring the height of the branches up.
I would use curly willow that is at least 5', to fill the corner effectively, the arrangement should be about 7' high, branches arranged to fill the space effectively.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:11 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,093,527 times
The compositions are off in this room. Pictures of different sizes hung asymmetrically or with no order at all, etc.

I would work with the wall with the sliding door and make that entire wall balance out. I noticed a skinny ledge or radiator(?) on the left side of the sliding door (it's white)? Find something that matches that in size and shape for the right wall. Then, hang paintings/pictures of the same size, centered on both walls. Now, when you look at that wall, it will look balanced.

Next, move the ottoman on the side of the TV to where it belongs: in front of the couch. Clear up the cluttery stuff around the TV and hang the paintings/pictures around the TV in some kind of balance/order. This should provide a sense of harmonioussness.

I'm not sure what kind of rug is in front of the sofa? A large shag rug (new shag not old-style shag) in ivory or a lighter shade would work. It will also soften the hard edges and look and feel soft since you have a hard floor. You've got this retro 1960s-ish thing going on so think modern-traditional

Are you painting any of the walls? A color would work nicely. Then add something with a pop, like an aqua or some greens.

You have a great room. I like the colors of your sofa and your floor is awesome. Good luck with your project!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:15 PM

256 posts, read 1,390,713 times
I LOVE your furniture and curtains.

I know you didn't ASK for this evaluation, but I think it has some bearing on why you should do to the corner: When I look at the room (and the nearby hallways), all I see is squares/rectangles all over the walls. I would either rearrange them or eliminate some of them.

I don't think the problem is the corner, I think it is that entire wall. The opposite wall is perfectly balanced in contrast to the TV wall.

I'd put that big chair in the corner with a small table and lamp, then move the tv a little farther down the wall away from the chair. Then I would reorganize that wall hangings on that side of the room.

The room is lovely, just needs a little bit of tweaking to find that balance.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:21 PM

I wasnt gonna go there, but since I am not the first one now...... I would take the chair and angle it into the corner that you are having the problem with, long with a floor lamp, and make it into a reading nook. Where the chair is now looks very cramped, and I bet no one sits there.
Also, your wall art is a bit small for the spaces that they are occupying. I would either stack pieces vertically, or get larger pieces.
Some greenery would be a good thing, even if it is just a simple orchid arrangement.
Sorry, this is what I do for a living, thats what I see that needs to happen....

Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 PM

256 posts, read 1,390,713 times
Oh, what I thought was a chair section of the sectional, is actually an ottoman. In that case I agree with the person that said to put the ottoman in front of the sofa where it belongs! I would imagine it goes in front of the sliding glass door?

Then I would try to put something round in the corner. If you need more seating in the room I'd try to find a small, round, club chair (or even an old dining chair) with a round table and a lamp. If you don't need the extra seating, I'd try a larger round table by itself.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorchallenged View Post
Oh, what I thought was a chair section of the sectional, is actually an ottoman. In that case I agree with the person that said to put the ottoman in front of the sofa where it belongs! I would imagine it goes in front of the sliding glass door?

Then I would try to put something round in the corner. If you need more seating in the room I'd try to find a small, round, club chair (or even an old dining chair) with a round table and a lamp. If you don't need the extra seating, I'd try a larger round table by itself.
For crying out loud, I thought it was an armless chair from the sectional, my bad!
That being said, its too small to put in front of the sofa, look at the table thats there now, its smaller than the table.
Dont know if I would put it in front of the sliders, maybe there is a bedroom where it could live at the foot of a bed?
I agree about something round (and tall) in the corner, there is also too much small stuff in the room, it makes it look cluttered.
Bigger is always better, and makes for a less cluttered look!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,295,799 times
Other than what someone else said about your frames being small, which can be solved doing a frame inside a larger frame, or small prints with large mattes inside large frames, all I see is that everything is the same height, or no higher than about waist high. Why?

Yes, you definately need something with height to hide, or detract, that "seal-a-meal next to your sliding door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating