Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

I havent done a kitchen with stainless in 3 years......just looked at my files.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 04:34 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I havent done a kitchen with stainless in 3 years......just looked at my files.
Wow! You must have some really different decor trends in your area than I do in mine.

I am not overly familiar with Flordia homes, but my brother lives in Tampa and his house is much different than mine.

I love the area and wish I had more time to spend there.......maybe this summer if things slow down.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Wow! You must have some really different decor trends in your area than I do in mine.

I am not overly familiar with Flordia homes, but my brother lives in Tampa and his house is much different than mine.

I love the area and wish I had more time to spend there.......maybe this summer if things slow down.
Its horse country here in the Ocala area, so I do a lot of "Old World" stuff.......think stately home.....lots of panel work in the kitchens, my cabinet guy loves me, lol.
I also do a lot of work on the Gulf and Atlantic coasts, and also in Missouri.
Lots of whites on the coasts, and panel work.
White/off white kitchens are really popular in Missouri right now, too.
On the historic homes I work on, I really try to integrate the appliances into the cabinetry, nothing screams "fake" more than a 200 year old house with really modern appliances, you know?

Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Its horse country here in the Ocala area, so I do a lot of "Old World" stuff.......think stately home.....lots of panel work in the kitchens, my cabinet guy loves me, lol.
I also do a lot of work on the Gulf and Atlantic coasts, and also in Missouri.
Lots of whites on the coasts, and panel work.
White/off white kitchens are really popular in Missouri right now, too.
On the historic homes I work on, I really try to integrate the appliances into the cabinetry, nothing screams "fake" more than a 200 year old house with really modern appliances, you know?
Ocala - what a great area! I have and show a dressage horse and she was in training with an Olymic judge in the (pardon my spelling??) chuliota area for a while. My old barn owner had some race horses and I traveled to Ocala with him and he traveled to chuliota with me.

I live in Charleston, SC so we have a lot of Lowcountry style homes here. Traditional still stands out, along with old southern decor, but also a good bit of coastal decor with lots of texture and blues, greens, and browns.

Off white and antique/glazing of the cabinets is still popular here, as is cherry and darker wood cabinetry. Some raised panels, but I like a recessed panel with beaded inset doors and european hinges.....I LOVE cabinetry and we have 2 great custom cabinet companies in our area.

I have done a some decorating - and my husband renovation - work in the downtown penninsular Charleston area and we have to be very mindful of the period and style of house as we change/add on. Most of the exterior work in this area has to go through the preservation society which can be very tedious.

I would love to see pictures of your work!! Sounds beautiful.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Ocala - what a great area! I have and show a dressage horse and she was in training with an Olymic judge in the (pardon my spelling??) chuliota area for a while. My old barn owner had some race horses and I traveled to Ocala with him and he traveled to chuliota with me.

I live in Charleston, SC so we have a lot of Lowcountry style homes here. Traditional still stands out, along with old southern decor, but also a good bit of coastal decor with lots of texture and blues, greens, and browns.

Off white and antique/glazing of the cabinets is still popular here, as is cherry and darker wood cabinetry. Some raised panels, but I like a recessed panel with beaded inset doors and european hinges.....I LOVE cabinetry and we have 2 great custom cabinet companies in our area.

I have done a some decorating - and my husband renovation - work in the downtown penninsular Charleston area and we have to be very mindful of the period and style of house as we change/add on. Most of the exterior work in this area has to go through the preservation society which can be very tedious.

I would love to see pictures of your work!! Sounds beautiful.
Ocala has a lot of really spectacular farms, its beautiful here, I live right on the edge of the National Forest, close to Silver Springs, we have a farm.
All the glazing is still really popular, but the dark wood seems to have gone out a bit, it was everywhere 5 years ago, cabinetry is one of my faves....I'm really fortunate, my cabinet guy lives on the next farm over, and has his manufacturing facility right there, so I can walk across the field and watch my cabinets being made, its great!
Charleston is such a gorgeous area, I would love to get my hands on one of those historic homes!!!!!!!
I am from the oldest town in Missouri, its stuffed full of historic homes, one has to submit a plan for the exterior and interior before starting any rehab/renovations, I really am fortunate to get to work on homes there!
If you really would like to see some of my work, I will DM you a link.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Ocala has a lot of really spectacular farms, its beautiful here, I live right on the edge of the National Forest, close to Silver Springs, we have a farm.
All the glazing is still really popular, but the dark wood seems to have gone out a bit, it was everywhere 5 years ago, cabinetry is one of my faves....I'm really fortunate, my cabinet guy lives on the next farm over, and has his manufacturing facility right there, so I can walk across the field and watch my cabinets being made, its great!
Charleston is such a gorgeous area, I would love to get my hands on one of those historic homes!!!!!!!
I am from the oldest town in Missouri, its stuffed full of historic homes, one has to submit a plan for the exterior and interior before starting any rehab/renovations, I really am fortunate to get to work on homes there!
If you really would like to see some of my work, I will DM you a link.

Please do send me a link! Your work is beautiful. I would post some pics of the work I have done - decorating and staging - and the work I have done building with my husband, if it was not so difficult on this site.

We are currently building a 7,000 s/f home on deep water based on the architectural style of A Hays Town whom was a famous architect in the Louisiana area. Our clients are from Maryland, but have a family history in Louisiana, so the house combines the Louisiana riverfront style architecture with old Charleston attributes.

We have had so much fun finding reclaimed heart pine flooring and antique brick for the interior, along with reclaimed antique hinges, shutters, rafters and more. Every aspect of this home is unique with detail, without being overdone. It is supposed to be featured in an 8 page spread in one of Charleston's top home and design magazines this summer when it is finished.

I love my job!!! It looks and sounds like you do, too!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Please do send me a link! Your work is beautiful. I would post some pics of the work I have done - decorating and staging - and the work I have done building with my husband, if it was not so difficult on this site.

We are currently building a 7,000 s/f home on deep water based on the architectural style of A Hays Town whom was a famous architect in the Louisiana area. Our clients are from Maryland, but have a family history in Louisiana, so the house combines the Louisiana riverfront style architecture with old Charleston attributes.

We have had so much fun finding reclaimed heart pine flooring and antique brick for the interior, along with reclaimed antique hinges, shutters, rafters and more. Every aspect of this home is unique with detail, without being overdone. It is supposed to be featured in an 8 page spread in one of Charleston's top home and design magazines this summer when it is finished.

I love my job!!! It looks and sounds like you do, too!
Oh, that house sounds wonderful!!!!!!
Will send you a link.....btw, I just found out today that you dont have to have a flickr or photobucket account to post pix, just go to quick reply, hit advanced options, and upload from your computer.....havent tried it yet, but I will.
Yes, I love what I do, I am truly blessed to get to do something that brings me so much joy, and makes others happy, too!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Will send you a link.....btw, I just found out today that you dont have to have a flickr or photobucket account to post pix, just go to quick reply, hit advanced options, and upload from your computer.....havent tried it yet, but I will.
Yes, I love what I do, I am truly blessed to get to do something that brings me so much joy, and makes others happy, too!
Blessed is right!!

I look forward to seeing your pictures and I will try to start loading pics using the method you described.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Blessed is right!!

I look forward to seeing your pictures and I will try to start loading pics using the method you described.
Let me know if that method works, I just found a magazine article about a job I did that I've been looking for forever, your post jarred my memory, its online, yay!!!!!!!
Will send you links right now!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM

79 posts, read 114,061 times
Quote:
Hope you both post the photos here!

Yes, under advanced options, choose the paperclip and arrow down for attachments. You can browse photos saved on your pc and upload them. The paperclip/attachments arrow is available on the Post Reply thread also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating