Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,819 times

Advertisements

The worry is that they have also siliconed the sink in place so I am hoping it is salvageable!

So why not leave the sink side and replace the stove side? I think the direction of the grain in the sink side looks better- also- added to the mix you have is the diagonal direction of the floor-sorry this happened to you but I bet everyone who reads this will never take it for "granite" (sorry- couldn't resist) that the fabricator will automatically match the grains-I never in a million years would have thought to ask-(and I'm beginning to wonder if I even would have noticed.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Taking off a granite slab is not easy. I had granite installed a while back, and on one counter it was measured wrong and cut to large. When we saw it we had them remove it and cut off a couple of inches and reinstall it. Getting that slab off after it is silicon ed on is a BIG project. It was glued to the plywood below, and the wood was destroyed in the process, so after the slab was off and turned upside down, they had to go through hell to get the plywood off the granite. This was a plain piece, no sink involved. I can't imagine getting a top off with a sink. You have to be super careful not to break the granite. I hope to never have to go through that again. It's definitely not an easy task, and success isn't guaranteed..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating