Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times

Advertisements

This woman is a hoot and a half...read this post - all the way to the bottom where her pictures will you the best chuckle of the day....very witty (and the house is gorgeous too)! Enjoy.

HouseTalkN: A "Devine" House Tour!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 07:42 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
This woman is a hoot and a half...read this post - all the way to the bottom where her pictures will you the best chuckle of the day....very witty (and the house is gorgeous too)! Enjoy.

HouseTalkN: A "Devine" House Tour!
Cat, That was a wonderful peek into a beautiful home. That is a problem of mine however. While I love the look of the house and the dining room table all dressed, I would love to own the house BUT, when I see homes like that I can't help but wonder if it "lives" more like a museum than a home. Sort of like when you tour a historical home and view a room from the doorway with the ropes up.

True, she was away and perhaps she, like me, only comes home to a "clean" house and a friend taking pictures can create a firestorm of cleaning, but I miss the dog toys lying around and know that while I can admire the look and wish I could live there, it would certainly look more lived in. (In my house DH is a fan of the "doorknob closet" and it makes me crazy.)

Thanks for the tour!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
I love that blog! Thanks for putting it up! I am a blogger myself and love to discover new ones to read. Especially funny ones Thanks again I have now subscribed to her via email

Old 01-25-2012, 06:24 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Hysterical

That looks like a house on Summit Ave. in St. Paul, MN.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Cat, That was a wonderful peek into a beautiful home. That is a problem of mine however. While I love the look of the house and the dining room table all dressed, I would love to own the house BUT, when I see homes like that I can't help but wonder if it "lives" more like a museum than a home. Sort of like when you tour a historical home and view a room from the doorway with the ropes up.

True, she was away and perhaps she, like me, only comes home to a "clean" house and a friend taking pictures can create a firestorm of cleaning, but I miss the dog toys lying around and know that while I can admire the look and wish I could live there, it would certainly look more lived in. (In my house DH is a fan of the "doorknob closet" and it makes me crazy.)

Thanks for the tour!!!
No ones house really looks like what pics depict, trust me on that one.
I've seen the whole process during a home shoot many times, its amazing what the photographers do, also the stylists.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:01 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times
I could easily have a house like that..

I'd have to eat out all the time, hire a housekeeper, get rid of the husband, the kids and probably the dogs and cats, but it could be done.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM

121 posts, read 460,644 times
That is a ridiculous blog!
Why would anyone like it.
What a waste of time
My opinion

Old 01-27-2012, 06:20 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRoxy View Post
That is a ridiculous blog!
Why would anyone like it.
What a waste of time
My opinion
Ok, sparky, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating