Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 PM

157 posts, read 499,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
As for your original question, would the piece you described work in the eat-in or breakfast area of your kitchen? It looks like you could use the top little shelf space for cookbooks, or a framed photo. Also, this may sound weird, but could you use it in a bathroom to store rolled-up towels??
Hmmm...interesting. Well the rack I have actually has a little drawer at the very top. It has a matching "night stand" type drawer table. If I can find my camera tonight, I will take a pic of both of them. Their colors are more intense then the pic I found online.

There is no room for it in the kitchen area...I could squeeze it in the formal dining, but the table I have in there is dark cherry wood and I'm not sure if it would look right not matching woods... Here is a pic of my table - just fyi I bought this table/chairs on CL so this is the pic they took for their ad...my formal dining is a bit smaller. I will also try to take a pic of it tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM

Sorry - forgot to add the pic - here it is...Foyer Decorating Question-301.jpg

Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM

430 posts, read 1,695,084 times
Love the dining room set - those arms are so cool!

Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
WOW, Love that table and chairs!

"Redecorating" with your own stuff is hard for me because I usually buy pieces with a purpose in mind. It's easier for a friend to come in with an objective eye and suggest to use the pieces somewhere else.

I actually hired a woman to do this in my house years ago, and I still use the techniques I watched her use that day. Maybe a friend or neighbor with good taste can come in and offer opinions too.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
I'm going to suggest the OP find a place doe the rustic wine cabinet elsewhere. It would just look wrong near that lovely dark cherry and much more contemporary dining ensemble.

A thought: could it be used in a bathroom and could you placed rolled towels, magazines, etc... where the wine bottles would normally go?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:37 AM

Ok so here are some pics of my actual rustic wine rack...
Attachment 90727

Here is the pic of the matching cabinet...
Foyer Decorating Question-my-rustic-cabinet.jpg

Here is the pic of the foyer with them in it...(eventually I want to add a nice rug)
Foyer Decorating Question-my-foyer.jpg

And here is a pic of my dining area...sorry for the boxes just moving in and unpacking...
Foyer Decorating Question-my-formal-dining.jpg

I tried putting this rustic rack in the formal dining (on the left side) it's a bit snug with it there, and like lifelongMOgal said... it looks unusual next to that dark cherry wood.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 AM

Sorry the wine rack didn't come through! Here it is...
Foyer Decorating Question-my-rustic-wine-rack.jpg

Old 02-07-2012, 06:45 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Love that little table. Move it down a little closer to the door. Just a tad. You don't want them almost directly across from each other.

Hang a mirror above it (the table) or one of your paintings.

Buy a colorful rug and you should be good to go.

It doesn't look bad. It's a nice set. Looks much better now that the pictures are more clear.

Someday when you feel like buying something to add to it, you could put a narrow bench in that indent part of the wall. It will look like it was built for it to be there.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I agree. I would remove the other accessories (vases, candlesticks) except for what you have on top of the wine rack.

Looks good! Rug will make a big difference.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Hang a mirror above it (the table) or one of your paintings.
I didn't know I could hang a mirror above it since it's only about 2 ft tall...what size of mirror? And does the color of it have to match the rustic wood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating