Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:50 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGuy View Post
the natural veins in your first one look more impressive than the second one.
Was thinking the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 06:17 PM

11 posts, read 35,036 times
I appreciate everyone's comments. Does anyone have pictures of either of these granites in their kitchens?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:53 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Right now you are doing all the right things with a darker floor and lighter cabinets to draw the eye up to create an illusion of a higher ceiling. Those two granites have very dramatic grains and will undo your intent. They are a bit overwhelming overall for the kitchen size. In my opinion, you need something more subtle and more grayish brown, some darker shades of the colors in the cabinets. Matching to the floor cuts the vertical line and brings down the ceiling.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:39 AM

? Thanks for input but the ceiling is 9ft already. We are almost 100% sure viscount is the winner. The marble effect on the slabs is awesome. The antico is so busy and it had huge quartz or diamond like chunks in it. A little too bedazzled for us. Think it would be nice but would get sick of it fast. Thanks to everyone and all input is great input.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:41 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddybeach View Post
Falling water did you get viscount white? Like to share a picture? Thanks
No, in my price range Bianco Romano and another whitish granite were my only options. Honestly, I can't remember the name of the second one. It was a less expensive granite which I was originally happy about and I did like the movement better but read countless reviews that it was too porous (complaints of stains). So we spent a little more and went with Bianco Romano. Also we just replaced counters, not a major kitchen over haul.

For us getting lighter colored granite was a huge challenge. We don't live in a highly populated area and dark granite was more popular. I had to travel 2 hrs each way to the granite yard. It took me weeks to find the slab I liked. I was on their call list so anytime Bianco Romano granite came in, I had to drop everything and make the drive before someone else snapped it up.

I don't have have a lot of pics right now due to switching computers but this might help. I have these on my phone still. Pics of when we picked out our slab and a photo of my faucet because a friend wanted to see it (you can see the granite). I don't know if you are picking out your slab (I recommend it) but it can be tricky as the slabs can look different at the yard vs inside your home (diff lighting). Either way, I think you will be happy with your choice.

Hope these help.

Attachment 127783

Attachment 127784

Last edited by fallingwater; 01-04-2016 at 09:38 AM..

Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 PM

Thanks falling water. We are a 2 hour drive as well. It is a real pain. They have to order both in for us and we take our chances urge!!!! We do get to pick the slab off the Boston granite exchange. Not the same as in real life but that's what we get in our area of the world lol

Old 03-30-2014, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the pics I almost forgot to thank you. I love your faucet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating