Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:57 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,398,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Tell you truth from installers I know Pergo isn't at the top as far as quality .There are many top brands that are moisture resistant .Totally wet proof I know of none in laminate. In this day and age of internet I just find it strange people do not research before deciding buying most things.
Well tex, That is why I posted so that maybe I can save someone some grief. Most of us making a purchasing decision rely to some extent on a sellers recommendation. Your comment seems a little snarky,eh?. I never expected waterproof but, damage from one ice cube is not acceptable.
I research many things on the net, but I also consider a reputable supplier to be a legitimate source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,470 times
As for the swelling, which is normal in any laminate floor, did you leave a gap for the tiles to swell? Also, did you leave it under a window for two days prior to installation? These are things that are commonly missed or forgotten and they are very important. It says so right in the instructions. And whoever said there is no warranty, you must be mistaken. I take warranty calls at work for this brand, and I can assure you that it does have a warranty.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:27 AM

The swelling I am experiencing is not an expansion type issue. This is at the edge where an ice cube melted. As to the recommended gap, yes, the instructions were followed. Thanks for your response.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmith680 View Post
Well tex, That is why I posted so that maybe I can save someone some grief. Most of us making a purchasing decision rely to some extent on a sellers recommendation. Your comment seems a little snarky,eh?. I never expected waterproof but, damage from one ice cube is not acceptable.
I research many things on the net, but I also consider a reputable supplier to be a legitimate source.
So it's the suppliers and/or the manufacturers fault when one leaves water on the floor from melting ice?? And I've been taking personal responsibility for my actions all this time.. silly me..

Old 10-01-2015, 09:00 PM

Thanks for nothing for bumping this thread. If you are so conscience to keep an auto icemaker mishap that occurred overnight amounting to one cube. I salute you. Otherwise, no need for a snarky comment. I know of other laminate flooring that easily holds up to small amounts of surface liquid exposure.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,334 times
We used our lots of kitchen remodel projects Allen and Roth flooring. Not looking any problem this flooring and all our customers are satisfied this laminate flooring.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:46 PM

Glad your customers are happy so far, good luck to you.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,545 times
Had Allen and Roth installed in three rooms a year ago this past November. Installed in formal living room, formal dining room and family room. Looked very nice. 7-8 months later, noticed a "funny looking spot" in the formal dining room, under the big mahogany table, mostly under one of the carved table legs. Did research, called Lowes. Was told it was water damage. I said no, no appliances to leak, no water source, only use the room a few times a year and it is cleaned thoroughly after use. Lowes came to look, take pictures, etc. Then came back and took pictures of the flooring box and left-over flooring, also a copy of my sales receipt. She told me that she really couldn't tell if it was water damage. The wait began. I had my kitchen remodeled and was busy. Called to check in at Lowes but person I worked with wasn't in. Holidays. Finally called again, was told the person was at lunch and would call when she returned. Waited 2 weeks and called again. Guess what? The person who was supposed to be working on this NO LONGER WORKS THERE. Nice. Another claims person spoke with me today and said she is trying to figure it out. Said a note said water damage; I said No that was what I was contesting and why the other lady came to the house to get all the info that the company needed. Great. I have since spoken to 4 other people who also were told that their floors had water damage and they would not replace. They don't have pics that were taken. I told them to come and take some more.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:34 AM

Sorry to hear of of your problem. As you read in early posts it takes very little moisture to cause swelling in this product. I have it in my wife's sewing room and so far so good. In the kitchen it is damaged in several places from very little water (a melting icecube or dripping from a cat dish.) It should come with a warning not to use it near an exterior door or contact with any moisture.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,763 times
Default Allen & Roth Laminate flooring

We had very good luck with the first room of Allen & Roth Flooring we installed. We went back to Lowe's & purchased what we assumed was the same flooring to install in another room. What we found was that the second batch we purchased, although the same brand was very difficult to fit together. The tongue was very small & would not snap together as well as the first batch of flooring. Very frustrating as we had to end up nailing several of the pieces to hold them in place. Our floor is no longer able to float as it was intended to do. We are hopeful that we will not have problems in the future with buckling.

I would suggest that you examine the tongue & grove on the flooring prior to purchasing. We may have purchased an inferior batch & it might not have been cut correctly at the factory. We purchased the swift lock technology with attached acoustic pad in 10 mm thickness. Color is driftwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating