Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times

Advertisements

I do seasonal decorating; with Autumn being my favorite
Then of course everyone has their own Christmas décor style
Spring and Summer-fun and a variety of options...........however what are ideas for once the Christmas decorations come down? I'm always a bit stumped. Anyone else?

For instance-my mantle is a very important feature in my family room --and I am always just stumped on how to transition from holiday to Winter.

Have tried posting pics of my mantle but unable to make the feature work tonight. Will try again another night.

Just hoping we can begin a dialogue about this and get ideas from one another. Hope others are interested and will join the conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 10:16 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,403,413 times
Default Icey colors...

The sites dedicated to decorating all have lots of good ideas. Silvers, greys, electric blue...

Of course if you are in Arizona or Hawaii it is more about "illusion" while if you in the snow-belt it is more "making lemonaide when nature gives you lemons"...

Old 12-24-2014, 11:04 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,835 times
I host a Super Bowl party every year, so my decorations depend on who is playing.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
I host a Super Bowl party every year, so my decorations depend on who is playing.

hehehe

I had more in mind décor that could stay up from January until Spring.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:31 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,934,657 times
This year I switched out my usual Santa and angels for more of a winter woodland them that I can keep on the mantle until spring. I have lots of different trees, some are very rustic made from real tree bark and pine cones, others are simple but covered in gold and silver sparkle. I also have a bunch of animals made from very rustic looking materials like squirrels, owls, deer. We swap out our wedding photo which is usually over the mantle this time of year for a winter-y piece of art. I had a few of these things last year but I added to it so the mantle and a few other areas I decorate all have this winter theme.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:15 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,608,265 times
This is my winter mantel. It's snowy (suitable for Colorado) but not Christmas-y. Actually it's good for spring and fall too.
Attached Thumbnails
ideas for Winter (not  Christmas) decor-image.jpg  

Old 12-25-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
This year I switched out my usual Santa and angels for more of a winter woodland them that I can keep on the mantle until spring. I have lots of different trees, some are very rustic made from real tree bark and pine cones, others are simple but covered in gold and silver sparkle. I also have a bunch of animals made from very rustic looking materials like squirrels, owls, deer. We swap out our wedding photo which is usually over the mantle this time of year for a winter-y piece of art. I had a few of these things last year but I added to it so the mantle and a few other areas I decorate all have this winter theme.
sounds lovely!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
This is my winter mantel. It's snowy (suitable for Colorado) but not Christmas-y. Actually it's good for spring and fall too.
it is certainly gorgeous. Love it. I love the use of the lamp and I am unable to add one or more to mine because there is not outlet near my mantle

Old 12-25-2014, 06:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Here is my winter mantel. Of course I will take the Christmas tree down - LOL! Oh, and here's the picture that I always hang during the winter - i change it out to a more colorful one, with more colorful pillows and stuff like that, during the late spring, summer and early fall.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:14 AM..

Old 12-25-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here is my winter mantel. Of course I will take the Christmas tree down - LOL! Oh, and here's the picture that I always hang during the winter - i change it out to a more colorful one, with more colorful pillows and stuff like that, during the late spring, summer and early fall.

nice-I'm getting some good ideas.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:24 AM

8 posts, read 9,178 times
You can decorate your house using winter colors like silver, red and green. In the livingroom you can decorate with red and green plaid and pillows with the same colour. This year is very fashionable using small white fur (the ikea ones) to suit a cool winter look. You can decorate you walls with pics in the snow, the family during christmas day or snow flake. Candles with winter fragrance are perfect for this type of look. I like to decorate my home with christmas lights to decorate the stairs. I love typical wreath. In the kitchen like centrepiece you can use gold plait with ikea's fake candles which are really comfortable because they aren't dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating