Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,644 times

Advertisements

Hello friends,

Need help in selecting the kids room wall colour right now the room has white colour. but we are changing the blinds to orange colour. What to make the room vibrant and more brighter.

Their beds are white colour. One book rack which is white too.

One study table blue and cream and another red.

Also need to draw something girly on one wall and some cars on the other.

Any suggestion. Please do shoot in your ideas first time taking the project in my hands.

Need to finish it over the weekend.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:29 AM

22,559 posts, read 47,614,734 times
I feel you are going about it wrong.
Blinds should be neutral, so that many colors can coordinate (esp for a kids room, when color will probably change as they age).

Neutral blinds, and the walls the color that the kid wants.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:01 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
I agree with neutral blinds but if it's too late or if you really must:

okay: orange blinds
one red table, one blue/cream

what color is the floor?

I think I'd go with one pale orange wall and put the white bed against it. Or if the room is big enough, a darkish orange.

The other walls, maybe an off-white? Hard to say without seeing it.

If the kids are old enough have them do their own wall design, on paper. Then enlarge and paint that on the walls.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:13 PM

Thank you for the reply. I like the idea of the neutral blinds and the wall of the kids choice. but we have already ordered orange blinds. How about if we go with white walls and the design or drawing of the kids choice how would that look

Thanks for the reply

Old 05-01-2015, 02:21 PM

7,243 posts, read 7,066,230 times
Buy two pieces of sheetrock and enough window trim to go along the perimeter. Cut the boards to fit open wall space. Paint one with chalkboard paint. Paint the other with magnetic paint. Screw them horizontally to the wall - in the studs - then trim it out for a finished look. Buy chalk and fun magnets.

When they are too old, or you need to move, all you have to do is unscrew them from the wall and patch a few holes.

Way more fun than painting the walls.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:01 PM

22,559 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksavn View Post
I like the idea of the neutral blinds and the wall of the kids choice. but we have already ordered orange blinds.
So what did you have in mind that prompted ordering orange blinds?

Old 05-01-2015, 04:25 PM

we did to make the room more brighter and a little colour to the room

Old 05-05-2015, 06:33 PM

264 posts, read 605,866 times
Blue walls

Old 05-05-2015, 06:53 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times
sounds like you're going with a primary colors sort of scheme. What might work with all that is a pale celery green and then get some wall decals to add points of interest to the room. The chalkboard mentioned upthread sounds like a good idea too.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:28 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Orange and blue often look good together. I'd paint the red stuff white or blue. You have a lot of color going on. If the colors are primaries, except for the orange, I'd think you need to choose two dominant colors and paint out the others. Of course you could always add white or cream.

Shades should probably be neutral. But since you have already spent money for them, I'd make the rest of the room harmonize.

Here is a color scheme from B.Moore using Rumba Orange:

rumba orange 2014-20 Paint - Benjamin Moore rumba orange Paint Color Details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating