Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 01:05 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times

Advertisements

King bed, night stand for each side, tall dresser, long dresser and a chair, ceiling fan.

No TV in the bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 03:02 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I can't believe I forgot to mention one thing on my description-my rower that is collecting dust. I guess I have ignored it for so long that I don't even see it anymore. I know, I REALLY need to get back on it and USE IT!!!!

Cat
CAT! Give yourself a gift. Trash the rower. Not only is it gathering dust, but it is shaming you for not using it. Off with its head.

Sell some "treasures" and get a new bedroom set. You deserve it. Do it, girl.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:17 PM
ptt

497 posts, read 637,420 times
My bedroom

Old 07-23-2017, 03:26 PM

279 posts, read 593,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post

We don't do TV's in the bedroom (bad for sleep health).
Nice! My bedroom walls are green also.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:36 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,700,479 times
The first picture is the bedroom with the summer bedspread
Second is bedroom with winter bedspread
Third is dressing table area.
There are still some boxes from moving in these pictures. I have added a dresser and a chair and some artwork, but not much else.
Attached Thumbnails
What does your bedroom look like?-master-bedroom-summer.jpg   What does your bedroom look like?-regina-bed-2.jpg   What does your bedroom look like?-master-bedroom-dressing-table.jpg  

Old 07-24-2017, 01:59 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:

We don't do TV's in the bedroom (bad for sleep health).
Well, I do.....but I don't!

That is, the TV atop the secretary desk is more a speaker system for the CD/DVD player than a TV. For example, when I get out of the shower, I'll turn on a music CD to fill the rooms as I continue to get ready.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I am one of those people who falls to sleep very easily regardless of what's going on - lights, no lights, TV, no TV - doesn't matter to me. Sometimes I play Scrabble on my phone before I go to sleep and the light from the phone screen doesn't bother me either. Heck, I can drink a cup of coffee ten minutes before bedtime and that doesn't bother me either! I guess I am sleeping "the sleep of the innocent."

My husband likes to watch TV before going to sleep and since it doesn't keep me awake, I say go for it. So we have a TV in the bedroom. I mean, NOTHING keeps me awake! He can have on the ID channel and be watching something horrific about true crime and I'll be like, "Hmm...blood splatter patterns...snore...snore..."

He bought a headset to watch TV so that I can't hear anything at all, but it's really not necessary since regardless of what is going on, I am asleep within 15 minutes of my head hitting the pillow!

Old 07-24-2017, 09:27 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Quote:
So you just compound your own messy problem?

The workings of your mind boggle me. If I'm missing a hanger and something needs to be hung up, I get a replacement.

Chairs are for sitting in, not stacking clothes on. You put the chair in the bedroom for a reason, and I highly doubt it was to stack clothes on.
And attitudes like that ^^^^ are why so many of us women don't want men living with us anymore...clothes stacked on a chair are just clothes stacked on a chair, NOT a character flaw.

Last edited by MagnoliaThunder; 07-24-2017 at 09:38 PM..

Old 07-24-2017, 09:39 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Queen sized bed although we are both tall
two night stands
large bay window area has my computer desk and chair
large chair in corner
entertainment center
wall mounted tv
accent tables
70 lb sleeping black lab

Old 07-24-2017, 10:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Queen sized bed although we are both tall
two night stands
large bay window area has my computer desk and chair
large chair in corner
entertainment center
wall mounted tv
accent tables
70 lb sleeping black lab
Hey, I have one of those too, except she's 85 pounds! And a 65 pound mutt too. I forgot to mention their dog beds on either side of the nightstands.

They have some sort of elaborate night time ritual that I haven't figured out, because they don't sleep in the same beds each night but they don't rotate beds out "evenly" either. And they each come in and stand around and look at the beds for a bit - then I go take a bath or something and when I come back in, they've tucked themselves down into the dog beds - and for the life of me I can't figure out why they each choose whichever bed on a particular night!

It is a great mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating