Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 06:44 PM

59 posts, read 94,670 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of ways to decorate around this dresser It is for a bedroom and I do not want the matching bed frame, or a bed frame this color. I am going for a boho feel. Lots of beige, whites, some plants. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 09:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
With Boho style, you can certainly mix woods, styles, various textiles. This dresser is very simple. An ornate mirrior above it might be a good choice. Unmatched night stands would be good choices. Or you could use a small chest or table instead of nightstands.

Your bed or headboard could be virtually anything that you fancy. A brass or metal bed would be pretty Boho.

You can use blues with your green dresser. I love using blue and green in a room. But Boho should not look too coordinated.

But it might be fun to paint the room the same color as the dresser. A lot of Boho styled rooms I've seen online have white walls. But I like a bedroom painted a definite color. You should definitely choose a favorite color though for the walls. Surround yourself with the color
that makes you happy.

Even though you are going for a casual look, I recommed repeating the lovely green of the dresser elsewhere in the room in linens, paint or art.

Have fun with this.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:03 AM

30,521 posts, read 16,213,477 times
that dresser looks black to me. What color is it?

Love the lines of it.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
that dresser looks black to me. What color is it?

Love the lines of it.
it is black/brown

Old 08-05-2017, 08:32 AM

348 posts, read 416,004 times
Is that the black/brown? It looked like the Grey one to me. It's a Hemnes dresser from Ikea and is my preferred line since it's real wood under that paint and not just glue and sawdust.
If you don't like the bed that goes with it, you could still get the Hemnes frame and drape fabric over the headboard area. To soften it up, you might also try draping a fabric runner over that dresser.

-T.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:31 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
I can't stand matchy matchy furniture in any rooms except for maybe a dining room table and chairs- even then I've seen great set-ups with unmatching elements. Bedroom suites of matching furniture look especially ridiculous to me, mix things up to create a comfortable and attractive aesthetic.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:54 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
are you talking about decorating in general or specifically for the bed frame?

In any case, I think a metal bed is a natural fit for a boho look. And of course it goes with any color furniture, no matter what color metal you get. I tend to like contrast so if you were going for an airy look with white bed linens, I'd go with a darker color for the bed frame, and if you were going to for some intense color satuated patterns for the bedding, then I'd look at white painted metal bed frames.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna0727 View Post
it is black/brown
Oh, wow, it has a greenish look on my monitor! Sorry about the blue/green recs in the previous post.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
are you talking about decorating in general or specifically for the bed frame?

In any case, I think a metal bed is a natural fit for a boho look. And of course it goes with any color furniture, no matter what color metal you get. I tend to like contrast so if you were going for an airy look with white bed linens, I'd go with a darker color for the bed frame, and if you were going to for some intense color satuated patterns for the bedding, then I'd look at white painted metal bed frames.
In general. I thought about a rusted gold bed frame. Maybe white bedding with earth tone throw pillows. Beige rug? Not sure what to do about night stands

Old 08-06-2017, 12:58 PM

356 posts, read 371,047 times
Robins egg blue bed frame with white bed linens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating