Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 05:12 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,066,596 times

Advertisements

What do you think of all the stuff being distributed under the Magnolia Homes (Joanna Gaines) label?

There is paint, furniture, knick knacks, wrapping paper...

Stores include Target, Dillard's, Value Village, Ace Hardware, Furnitureland South, Pier One.

I like the look of some of the furniture but haven't bought any.

The accessories so far seem too rustic/farmhouse for my taste.

I have tried the paint...the colors are lovely (maybe too limited for some tastes, but that does make the selection less overwhelming). It is thick paint and coverage seems excellent.

I wonder if they are over-saturating the market, or if there really is a high demand for everything with their branding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 05:20 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,752 times
As with every celebrity, cover the market while you're hot. It won't last forever.

Her tastes are a bit too rustic but there might be a piece or two that I could use. I haven't really looked.

They probably should have done this a year earlier since this is the last season for Fixer Upper. I think they may have a new show though(?). If so, then there may still be marketability in their line.

Although Martha Stewart is still selling her line and doing well. She had her hands in a lot of pies too.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,912,049 times
I'm not a fan of any boutique products. The Magnolia Paints are made by Behr which is a Masco company. The same company that makes the Magnolia branded products. Most commonly, boutique products are one offs of the original and lacks the same qualities.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I'm not a fan of any boutique products. The Magnolia Paints are made by Behr which is a Masco company. The same company that makes the Magnolia branded products. Most commonly, boutique products are one offs of the original and lacks the same qualities.
I don't know about that. The paints I'm talking about and have tried are Kilz brand.

Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines

Old 11-09-2017, 09:42 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,698,831 times
I've seen the pieces in the tv ads and they look nice, if too rustic for my taste. However, I have a friend who loves that style and is a big fan of the show. I think this solved my Christmas present for her.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:35 AM

143 posts, read 166,839 times
I like her style, but I've always leaned towards a modern farmhouse look before it was even called that. I've always wanted to buy an old farmhouse and restore it!!!

I've used her paint in three of the rooms in my home - dining room, guest bedroom & office. I had a certain vision for those rooms and those colors did the trick. It's a bit thick, but coverage was fantastic. I love the peel and stick samples!!!

I've also purchased a few items from her website when I couldn't find exactly what I needed in a regular store. I thought the release of the Target items were just okay. The quality was lacking. I did buy some candles and a metal basket for shoe storage by the front door.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:12 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,912,049 times
Quote:
I don't know about that.
The formulations are that of Behr. Kilz was bought out by Masco in 2000. Now you know.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
The formulations are that of Behr. Kilz was bought out by Masco in 2000. Now you know.
Interesting. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
I haven't seen any but I'm not a fan of her designs. Either way she is striking while the iron is hot. More power to her as she laughs all the way to the bank.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:19 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,398,086 times
I keep reading that the modern farmhouse look is losing steam. I am betting a lot of their Target merchandise will be on the clearance aisle in the not too distant future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating