Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:01 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times

Advertisements

After looking at all the photos, the 'Makeover Madness' of the fireplace seems pretty tame and normal by comparison. I mean it wasn't nearly as atrocious as the other stuff. (Seventh one down.)
"A before and after picture resulted in a classy stone fireplace being changed into a brown monstrosity."

Personally I think both the before and after fireplaces are ugly monstrosities. I certainly don't see the before one as being "classy". But still, not as bad as the other stuff here. Oh, the dolphin tiled shower isn't anything I would want or keep, but it's not as outrageous as the other stuff.

OP, thanks for the entertaining link. Now I have to forget I saw some of that. Haha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 12:49 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
What's up with the seashore theme in bathrooms? One house we looked at was overdone with decor and each bathroom had a sea creatures or seashell theme. I get that there's water in the bathroom. But it's not salt water. There's no fish. No sand. When I use the facilities I don't need to pretend Im snorkeling. If it's a kids but, sure, cute. Too many adults think this is a great idea for my comfort.
Our downstairs bathroom has a lighthouse/nautical theme. We didn't set out purposely to do that-it just that we ended up with a lot of lighthouse & nautical items (long story) and they just seemed to work in the bathroom.

And my sister also has a beach theme in her bathroom-but she lives fairly close to the beach (about a half hour away), so, she was able to get some of her decorating items for free.

Cat

Old 04-12-2019, 01:29 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,116,660 times
Actually, taking a second look, I think I rather like the dolphin shower. Not that I would go out of my way to put one in my house, but if I bought a house that already had it in place I'd probably keep it. Same goes for the wine bottle fountain. They're both sort of fun.

But if I buy a house that is otherwise perfect but has that man toilet, THAT'S GOING OUT!!!!!

Then again, let me rethink this. If it's in the guest room, it might guarantee my guests don't stay more than 2 days. Could be a good thing.......

Old 04-13-2019, 08:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I don't have a seashore themed bathroom but I get why so many people do (and not saying I won't have one in the future either!). For starters, we have a huge coastline in the US, and in many other countries. The shore, the beach, ports, lighthouses, etc. all have had a lot of impact in many peoples' lives. Then throw in that many people (myself included) really love the beach and the ocean. And add that many people (also myself included) vacation in such areas so we have a lot of great memories over the years. And personally, I love beachcombing, so I have a lot of shells anyway. And one of my favorite things to do is tour lighthouses along the coasts.

Over the years, I've ended up with several paintings of a nautical or beach nature, from various trips. Not to mention a ton of shells. I just realized while I'm typing this that the smaller prints are all in one little toilet room off the master bath, so maybe if I put a bowl of shells in there on the back of the toilet, it will have a nautical theme! LOL

Old 04-13-2019, 12:23 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
I should have added along with our lighthouse/nautical themed bathroom, we have a lot of paintings of ships going up our stairwell. My husband is a sailor and is a passion for him. In fact, some of the paintings he had done himself. (My passion is cats. lol)

Cat

Old 04-13-2019, 02:49 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
I laughed out loud at most of the photos ... but I actually kind of LIKED the dolphin ...

Old 04-13-2019, 02:59 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
I liked a few of them, or at least I appreciated the art. I must be weird.

The tub with the large African figures was kinda cool.
The wine bottle fountain would be nice near an outdoor kitchen/patio.
I liked the glass toilet...but wouldn't want to be responsible for keeping it clean.
What was labeled the "sleeping face" struck me as relaxing.
The neon bathroom looked like fun!
"Sperm" sink to me was just clean, modern lines.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:01 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Some of that stuff is pretty cool. I love the dolphin on the shower wall. That would make me smile every morning.

Better than boring beige!

Old 04-14-2019, 06:17 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
the toilet in the narrow rook, gave me instant claustrophoia/
the rest were just awful, creative, yes, but awful, none the less

Old 04-14-2019, 06:41 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
After looking at all the photos, the 'Makeover Madness' of the fireplace seems pretty tame and normal by comparison. I mean it wasn't nearly as atrocious as the other stuff. (Seventh one down.)
"A before and after picture resulted in a classy stone fireplace being changed into a brown monstrosity."

Personally I think both the before and after fireplaces are ugly monstrosities. I certainly don't see the before one as being "classy". But still, not as bad as the other stuff here. Oh, the dolphin tiled shower isn't anything I would want or keep, but it's not as outrageous as the other stuff.

OP, thanks for the entertaining link. Now I have to forget I saw some of that. Haha!
Yeah, it looks like someone attempted to make it look like it originally did before it was painted white. I think it looks better in the after pic without MEDINA painted on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating