Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 09:35 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remirosie123 View Post
Hello everyone!

I am not very good at interior design, so I need some advice. I have a chocolate brown 6 1/2 foot couch against a red brick wall in my living room. Right now I have blue pillows with beach Decour on it which totally does not match and I’m looking for Any ideas. A friend of mine said light beige light gray and maybe a little bit of green decorative pillows would look nice. Does anyone know what a chocolate brown couch against a red brick wall throw pillows should look like? I also need an idea for a color of lampshade that is also going to be next to the couch up against a brick wall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

A chocolate brown couch with a red brick wall is a dark combination. It’s not very beachy if that’s what you are trying to do with the beach decor pillows. What about whitewashing the brick? Light woods, whites & blues look nice for a beachy or nautical decor. I love living by the beach but beachy decor is not my favorite, so I’m not my best at helping with that style. BUT, I do know that combination is too dark. Good luck Rose!^^

Old 05-07-2023, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 492 times
Default Designing your living room: Tips for matching colors and patterns

Hi there!

I think your friend is onto something with the idea of light beige or gray pillows. These neutral tones will complement the chocolate brown couch and red brick wall nicely, and a touch of green will add a pop of color.

As for the lampshade, you might consider a white or cream shade to keep the look light and airy. Or, if you want to add more warmth to the space, a warm-toned shade in beige or taupe could work well.

Hope this helps, and happy decorating!

Old 05-09-2023, 04:19 PM

356 posts, read 371,213 times
https://www.ballarddesigns.com/block...emBadge=false&
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.