Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:22 PM

822 posts, read 3,002,187 times

Advertisements

I love a Behr color called "Light Lichen" - it's a beautiful earthy green but it is vibrant. (They have to look this one up on the computer - I've been using it for years).For the white with a hint of pink, there is an Olympic paint color called Percale. I honestly thought it was barely off-white. It took me a year to realize it was essentially pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:46 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,813 times
I'm going to be using a light (not too pale) aqua, more to the green than blue side, in most areas of our new house. I'm in love with the ocean and this color is so calming to me. Plus we have a lot of limited edition prints from Hawaii artists that depict the ocean. It's Behr, but I don't remember the name and my samples are packed. It will be at least in the living area, halls and sunroom. I'm also going to try and find a wallpaper with that color for the two bathrooms. Not sure about the kitchen yet, maybe same color or a slight different but still coordinating wallpaper.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 PM

5,119 posts, read 16,593,991 times
Behr - Restful 400F-4. It's a light sage color. It would work in a living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. Very soothing color.

I looks like this. My living room doesn't look this light because I don't have the lights on very often and my blinds are usually closed.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:02 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Behr - Restful 400F-4. It's a light sage color. It would work in a living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. Very soothing color.

I looks like this. My living room doesn't look this light because I don't have the lights on very often and my blinds are usually closed.
That looks very nice and soothing. We are in the TN mountains so I want to stay in the light browns, greens, or maybe a very pale yellow. We have brownish kitchen cabinets(Lowe's Napa) and a cherry fireplace and cherry livingroom furniture with brown leather. We need a nice light, soothing, contrast.

We are going to town tomorrow.

Thanks everyone,
Lisa

Old 08-26-2008, 08:57 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,959 times
I used Sherwin Williams Chopstick, it has a yellow hue but it more on the beige side. Very neutral but yet with the right accessories can really pop. I lived in the woods surrounded by about 150 trees, no joke really, and it was really light and made the room very bright.

Oh and we just painted my son's room San Antonio Sage, it is not light like a light green but still very light and bright, also Sherwin Williams. Get it in Matte, looks much better than semi gloss.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:03 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,848,200 times
Any paint that has ZERO VOC's...

Old 08-27-2008, 01:50 PM

681 posts, read 2,359,182 times
We used Behr (Belvedere Cream) in the main living areas of the house. It's a neutral light ivory-cream that warms up the room without competing with other colors but yet stands out nicely against white trim.

The kitchen and dining rooms we painted a shade similar to the popular misty greenish-grey shades seen in current trends. We did Behr (Contemplation) for the kitchen and a deeper complement to it (Pinedale Shores) in the dining room. Our accent shades are a mix of ivory, golds, warm, muted reds and deep browns.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
I enjoy most shades of a yellow. I also like aqua blue. When in doubt you're always safe with a Navajo white.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:11 PM

189 posts, read 710,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I like a white just barely tinged with a rose hint. Trim is either stained or painted white white semi gloss. The resulting room glows like a rosy twilight without anyone knowing why. People look good in a room reflecting a slight rose instead of the sallow colors that beige and yellows reflect. The room seems larger and brighter. I always get complements on this color.

I got the idea on one of those evenings when the whole world just glowed with a little rose tint instead of the usual yellow twilight.
I just found this forum -- good idea to whoever started it.

I like this idea of white tinted with rose; especially like the way this poster "found" this idea -- from the colors at twilight. Yellows are nice and cheerful, but I read that you need to pick a really cheery yellow (not necessarily real bright), otherwise, certain yellows can make people depressed. Maybe they mean gold. I can't handle gold cause that's all my mother used when I was growing up - I think it's an "old lady" color. My favorite all-round color is light to medium blue, but not in rooms that don't get any sun. I just painted my bedroom blue, and I'm not sure I like it, although I've had other bedrooms painted blue and loved them. Maybe it's just this room in this house. It is off a covered patio, so gets no direct sun -- that's probably my problem.

About whites -- I can't live with off-whites and beige -- I connect them with apartments. They always look depressing and dingy to me. This business about "it goes with everything" is a silly argument for using them. Everything I can think of goes with light blue, for instance. I think it's more the shade you use more than the base color itself. I would not want a room done in parakeet blue, nor one done in a "Mary Kay" pink -- no way. But the rosy tint to the white in the post referenced above would be beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:10 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
The silver/gray tones are currently replacing the previously popular beiges in new home interiors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating