Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Porch Light on or off??
Leave off all of the time 35 42.17%
Turn on only when you are not home 5 6.02%
Turn on and then turn off some time before bedtime 4 4.82%
Turn on and then turn off at bedtime 9 10.84%
Turn on and leave on all night until you wake up in the AM 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,641 times

Advertisements

Well, leaving them off all the time is winning the poll with a leaving them on all night as a second lol guess its one way or the other. My neighbors both have motion detector lights on the side, so thankfully that covers the sides of my house too. I live in a community where the houses are about 10 feet (if even) away from each other side to side....but my front light would probably only affect my front neighbors who are across the yard, over the street and across their yard.

I had to laugh at Skeet09's response "The whole street is too dark for my taste and if the neighbors find my lights rude, I'm not sure because they've never said hi and always had their blinds closed at all hours of the day.". If your profile didnt say San Antonio, I would totally think that you lived on MY street.

I thank everybody for their responses and though Im still at a 50/50 I guess Ill just make sure my dog stays alert and the baseball bat stays close by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 02:32 AM

475 posts, read 571,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristynedwards View Post
My hubby though, he's gun toting and would love for someone to try to break in so...
Let me preface this statement with the fact that within reach of me right now are my Romanian WASR-10 and an EAA Witness in .40

Your husband has a problem. Get him some help.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:01 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
I had to laugh at Skeet09's response "The whole street is too dark for my taste and if the neighbors find my lights rude, I'm not sure because they've never said hi and always had their blinds closed at all hours of the day.". If your profile didnt say San Antonio, I would totally think that you lived on MY street.
Yeah totally strange. I never know if anyone is home or not. Blinds are always closed. I see some of the neighbors further down the street out and about but the two next to me are like ghosts!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:25 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Maybe they keep their blinds closed because of the lights?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Maybe they keep their blinds closed because of the lights?
We bought the house and moved in a month later and started turning on the lights and both homes have always had the blinds closed whether we turn on the lights or not. We gave our home visits every other day until we could move out of our apartment. The blinds are closed all the time (day or night), never see any curtains.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:04 PM

475 posts, read 571,302 times
Our curtains are always closed in our house. I may talk my head off online, but I'm a very private person in meatspace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House