Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
well i do know that nothing is currently working inside the house (no water, no electric) and when we took a look around the house (i walked the entire 2 1/2 acres there were no other well houses, but i dont know if they do wells a different way now...

so does that mean that if that is the well that was supplying the house up untill it was forclosed it would have to be abandoned and a new one drilled no matter what?

its tough because im trying to do this long distance, ive been to the house in person but im in ct and its in tn, so its not like i can just call a driller and say "do this" i dont own the house, HUD does not to mention the county the house is in isnt exactly "technologiclaly advanced" lol...noone advertises on the interwebs around there lol...
...so im trying to get a better idea of what the well inspector is going to say since hud isnt going to fix anything...

as i say, workng on getting the well and septic inspected, and a water test, home inspection will also come...but if i know for sure "theres no working well and a new one will HAVE to be dug" then i know not to move forward because drilling a new well isnt in the budget...
i can repair some light wood rot, i can replace the windows myself (i have and do) i can do pretyt muhc anythign thats not electircal or severly structural myself thanks to many years of working on older homes...
but the cost involved with drilling a new well or putting in a brand new septic...that i cant take on...

Login to a private Photobucket.com album
(link to the album) thats most of the photos i have on hand, the others are on another computer and not yet on photobucket, but dont show much other than what you see here...
That likley IS your well.

I thought you did have water.

We still do not know if the well is any good.

Only putting a pump on will tell us that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 AM

You can get a lot of information on this property at your local health department.

This wells do look different now.

This is the general look.

what am i looking at?-pict0100.jpg

Old 05-13-2011, 08:23 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
as i say, unfortunatly im not local to the property...

so i know in order to test the well it has to be connected/turned on...

and i know without a tank and pump, it cannot be turned on right?!

so i cant get a well inspection without first putting a pump on it?!
and i cant buy a pump for it without owning it? (or if i did id be out of pocket on the pump obviously...)

so what happens now?! do i contact hud and, acroding to the proeprty report its fha insured with a $0 repair excrow and checking for working well and spetics is part of their apraisal process...the pcr report states
Plumbing: OK Water supply
tested and
functional?:
Active pressure was applied with a
compressor to the plumbing system and
--Sink: OK it held 27psi.
Yes --Other: N/A
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
Water Heater: OK Water heater
functional?:
Tested via air compressor and held
pressure at the time of inspection. Water
Yes is not active.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
Sewer/Septic System: OK Sanitary &
plumbing system
functional?:
Tested via air compressor and held
pressure at the time of inspection. Water
--Toilet: OK is not active.
Yes --Other: N/A

but nowhere does it say components are missing...the home was fha apraised in mid march of this year.

gah, so confusing.

would i be able to have someone simply attatch a new pump and tank?! and everything would be fine?! (assuming the well itself is good?!)

Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 AM

No, HUD will not let you work on it.

Talk to the realtor.

They have to get a water test some how.

We have drilled new wells for HUD homes.

Call some local drillers and see if they know anything about this well.

BTW, your HUD inspection report will be FULL of disclaimers.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 AM

and just for a general idea, about how much does a well cost to drill (i know depth ect will play a huge part, but ageneral average idea)

so pretty much your saying since i need a water test to get lending, either hud supplies the parts to make it work or everything falls through right?!

ive tried to find info on well companies in the area and am finding nothing online.
will the county department of health have the well permits and any of that information on file?

i actually contaged the asset and feild managers on the hud report, since eveything im reading about the fha apraisal process says they do have to report if somethings not right visually (ie missing components) obvisly they cant report on things they cant see, but according to everything im seeing if its visual (and this obviously is) it has to be included on the report...
and surely if it was removed after the hud apraisal the feild asset company (folks responsible for securing and maintaining the property) would be responsible for the theft or documenting the removal of those components?

sooo confudling lol.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
and just for a general idea, about how much does a well cost to drill (i know depth ect will play a huge part, but ageneral average idea)

so pretty much your saying since i need a water test to get lending, either hud supplies the parts to make it work or everything falls through right?!

ive tried to find info on well companies in the area and am finding nothing online.
will the county department of health have the well permits and any of that information on file?

i actually contaged the asset and feild managers on the hud report, since eveything im reading about the fha apraisal process says they do have to report if somethings not right visually (ie missing components) obvisly they cant report on things they cant see, but according to everything im seeing if its visual (and this obviously is) it has to be included on the report...
and surely if it was removed after the hud apraisal the feild asset company (folks responsible for securing and maintaining the property) would be responsible for the theft or documenting the removal of those components?

sooo confudling lol.
Yes, the health department should have a well log.

If the well were in Michigan, HUD would have to pay for a new well because that one does not code.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:28 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
i
the house is also septic, and gas (im assuming natural because theres no propane tank) lol
Don't assume natural gas. They could have removed the propane tank since it may have been a leased tank. Did you see a gas meter outside the house?

Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM

no, no meter that i noticed, but i wouldnt have known what i was looking for...
but there was also no pad, or barespot where a propane tank would have been and no areas that had been dug to remove a burried tank

so a quick update...

contacted hud who put me through to the asset maneger for the property...
was told very clearly that since it is NOT listed as missing on the PCR report and because the property is listed as INSURED with a $0.00 repair excrow that if there is a problem with the well HUD is responsible for either fixing the problem completly, or putting the whole or a majority porton of the cost to fix the problem into an escrow acct for me to have it fixed...

so this sounds liek a good thing for the potential to move forward with this...

he also said that while the property is sold as is...i can back out at any time for reasons of health hazard if hud puts up a fight and wont loose my earnest money because again this problem was not caught by the initial propery assesment, is a health hazard, and was not put in as a condition on the fha report...

so either someone screwed up along the way, or someone stole the pump after the intila assesment, but either way, Hud will pay most if not all the cost to fix it due to the property being listed as insured...

took alot of phone calls...but i do feel a little better lol

Old 05-13-2011, 03:08 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
I tried looking at the photobucket album but it asks for your password.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
no, no meter that i noticed, but i wouldnt have known what i was looking for...
but there was also no pad, or barespot where a propane tank would have been and no areas that had been dug to remove a burried tank

so a quick update...

contacted hud who put me through to the asset maneger for the property...
was told very clearly that since it is NOT listed as missing on the PCR report and because the property is listed as INSURED with a $0.00 repair excrow that if there is a problem with the well HUD is responsible for either fixing the problem completly, or putting the whole or a majority porton of the cost to fix the problem into an escrow acct for me to have it fixed...

so this sounds liek a good thing for the potential to move forward with this...

he also said that while the property is sold as is...i can back out at any time for reasons of health hazard if hud puts up a fight and wont loose my earnest money because again this problem was not caught by the initial propery assesment, is a health hazard, and was not put in as a condition on the fha report...

so either someone screwed up along the way, or someone stole the pump after the intila assesment, but either way, Hud will pay most if not all the cost to fix it due to the property being listed as insured...

took alot of phone calls...but i do feel a little better lol
All those things you were told sound wonderful....BUT...!
Before putting down your money, get it all in writing so when you run into problems down the road, you cover your bottom..!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House