Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times

Advertisements

wouldn't bother me at all. my apartment now is haunted already, I know it, I feel it.

and I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Buying a house where someone died of natural causes or some disease is quite different from buying a house where someone was murdered.

I don't believe I'd feel at all comfortable living in a place where any former owner(s) had died a violent death.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Buying a house where someone died of natural causes or some disease is quite different from buying a house where someone was murdered.

I don't believe I'd feel at all comfortable living in a place where any former owner(s) had died a violent death.

well, being a very spiritual person myself, I think if I felt the presence of the spirit around me, (which I most likley would) I would talk out loud (to the spirit) and let the spirit know that I am now the new owner of their home and I promise take good care of it, and be happy here. I would also let the sprit know, it is OK to be here, but you really should go to the light, and it is OK, your home will be safe with me.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:36 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
So - if a couple that has Domestic Abuse issues lived in the house would you buy that house? Using the same mindset you could say that the bad juju in the house may cause the new couple become abusive.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:

Same here, natural causes or a disease not a problem...Death comes to us all! ...Violent deaths, murders, another matter all together....

Old 06-29-2012, 06:39 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,566 times
I wouldn't. But it's not because I believe in ghosts. I don't. IT's because I would sit there and picture in my mind what happened. I would find it very sad to live there. This would likely only apply to a violent death

Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
I wouldn't. But it's not because I believe in ghosts. I don't. IT's because I would sit there and picture in my mind what happened. I would find it very sad to live there. This would likely only apply to a violent death
This. With the Internet, you could get about every gory detail and know exactly how it all went down. You would visualize it in your house all the time.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:

What about a poisoning murder that was accepted as "natural" by everyone?

You wouldn't know about it then...

It used to happen way more than most people think.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:18 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
A murder or suicide would definitely keep me from buying a house. Not for any logical reason, but it would just creep me out, and who wants to live in a house that gives them the creeps? A natural death in the home would be commonplace and wouldn't bother me. I believe that the husband of the woman who sold us this house died at home, because we all really felt a presence here at first, though we didn't discuss it for awhile. To the person who brought up domestic violence without a death, no I don't know why that would bother anyone. People do all kinds of s****y things in their homes, you can't worry about it. Like I said, it's not logical but a house is too big a purchase and part of your life to feel uncomfortable about something.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:02 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
In Texas, the seller's disclosure has a question if there was ever an "unnatural death" on the premises. That means someone who did not die in bed in thier sleep. The disclosure is given to the buyer with a contract.
Nope.

The wording on the Texas Seller's Disclosure forms (there's more than one form that can be used and I've just looked at two of them to be sure)is, is the seller aware of:

Death on the property other than death caused by: natural causes, suicide, or accident unrelated to the property's condition.

In Texas you are required to disclose deaths that are caused by the property - someone fell down the stairs, off the roof, a gas leak that caused the death, etc.

Deaths not caused by the property's condition are not required to be disclosed, though even though they are irrelevant, I would recommend that a seller disclose. Murder, unless the house somehow forced the murderer to commit the deed and that would be hard to prove, is not related to the property's condition.

Texas Property Code, Section 5.008(c)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House