Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
As a small, independent pest control operator I often sold or gave away contracts because they were no longer profitable, mostly because of increased operating costs that could not be passed through to the client. In each and every case I mailed a letter which introduced the new operator, and sometimes even followed that up with a phone call. This made for a smooth transition for all parties.

However, there were two situations in which problems arose at a home: the new operator might be using different pest control products, and his tech might arrive a week or two after the normal due date of service. In each case, moreso in the latter, the homeowner might see more critters than usual, and even find them indoors.

As for finding ants in other-than-normal places, welcome to the club. Ants can be found on a desktop, scooping up scraps of snacks which were consumed in front of a laptop or a monitor. They can be found in a purse in the boudoir, attracted there by a piece of gum. They can be all over the kids' toys because of chocolatey smudges, and on jewelry which may have acquired a perfume scent.

I second the suggestion to use bait, although I'm not opposed to spot-treating inside a business or residence. While I don't see why you have to cancel your current contract, as I'm sure the company can resolve the problem to your satisfaction, I can understand how you feel.

One final comment: I only used pyrethrins or pyrethroids to flush out cockroaches or to locate carpenter ant nests. Their repellant nature made them impractical for most control procedures. When Cypermethrin was introduced in the eighties a friend used it to treat the exteriors of office buildings in a large complex, and the ensuing ant problems within the buildings lasted for months.

They never alerted us until a random guy (new company)came on the property and tried to spray and we were like WHO ARE YOU haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM

61 posts, read 137,048 times
Call to a verified pest control company to prevent these small ants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House