Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:27 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,222,503 times

Advertisements

Yep, I just picked up a spec sheet on it the other day but now I can't seem to locate it. BUT I think that one was somewhere between 65-70/sq ft maybe? They don't list the nicer countertop options online.

Also, IKEA is having a big kitchen sale right now that may or may not include counters: Special Offers - IKEA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 04:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Ikea does have some quartz countertops. I forgot about that. I saw them in the showroom a few years ago.

Kitchens and bathrooms do sell houses but that doesn't mean you have to put the absolute top of the line in there.

You want to have some equity left over after the sale.

Anything is an improvement over what you described currently exists.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:32 PM

IKEA now offeres Zodiaq quartz countertops | Eco-Modernism, LLC - Ikea Kitchen Remodeling and Design - Raleigh, NC

Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,039,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Ikea does have stone countertops. I forgot about that.

Kitchens and bathrooms do sell houses but that doesn't mean you have to put the absolute top of the line in there.

You want to have some equity left over after the sale.

Anything is an improvement over what you described currently exists.
Oh that's for sure! You should have seen this thing. Was a montage to the early 90s. The wallpaper took the cake though - HUGE blue flowers with birds Waverly wallpaper. I understand at one time it was popular but egad, it is pretty horrific. Oh and another awful thing besides the carpet in there, there was no door to the bathroom, just an opening. I think having a door when you're in the bathroom is one of those no brainer things.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:37 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,039,185 times
IKEA is about three hours from me. Not so far that it's unreasonable but far enough away that I don't really stay on top of the latest there. I was going to head up there for some basic decor stuff in the next few weeks. I'll check out the counter selection as well.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
IKEA is about three hours from me. Not so far that it's unreasonable but far enough away that I don't really stay on top of the latest there. I was going to head up there for some basic decor stuff in the next few weeks. I'll check out the counter selection as well.
It's only 30 minutes from me, but I only go there once every few years because Pittsburghers tend to stick to their side of the rivers. There is something about going over bridges and through tunnels that mentally makes a place seem further away. Sociologists have studied this weird Pittsburgh phenomenon. Let us know what you find!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,679,215 times
South

I would question doing any update when getting ready to sell as in do not do anything expensive/personal taste. Let the potential buyer decide/offer based on such as is.

As an example, no matter what carpet you put in a house to freshen it up I will be replacing it with hardwood so when you say we installed new carpeting I say that is not worth anything to me.

I hate dark color kitchens. I like white on white on white on white. I would rather get a lower price on a home knowing I am going to go white on white on white no matter how much you spent on that brand new, "dark" color kitchen.

Now if you want to change to suit your personal tastes then by all means do so but do not change based on betting that a buyer will like/pay more.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 381 times
Need Marble Countertops in Dallas. Stop searching. Shop now in Bella Stone for a reasonable price with affordable range. We are specialization in Countertops. Change your Kitchen and Bathrooms and Rooms with this latest technique. To get more information visit our website: http://www.dfwgranitecountertops.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House