Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:15 PM

546 posts, read 1,818,966 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had one that has lasted longer than 2 years without having problems? I have the most expensive Cuisnart model K Cup unit. The first one lasted about a year and half. I called and they sent me a new one. Now this one is doing the same thing after the same time frame. It constantly says it needs to be descaled. The water doesn't seem to cycle up completely to make the proper size cup and it seems clogged. I have gone through all the proper repair and cleaning steps but it keeps happening. I think I want to get a different brand to replace it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 03:00 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,957,822 times
We just buy cheap B&D coffee makers at WM and they last 2 - 5 years... we have found it is an effective way to go.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:30 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
LOL!
We have an old Mr Coffee that we got as a wedding present in 1980... nothing fancy & works perfectly!

Old 11-20-2013, 04:11 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,826,679 times
My father has the fancy-schmancy Breville BKC700XL. He's had it for over 3 years and it hasn't given a lick of trouble. It's pretty expensive, more than I'd be willing to pay for something like that, as they go for like $300. He got it for half-price at a local store that was going out of business at the time.

We just bought a Keuring Platinum K75. My wife wanted the Breville like my father has, and I wasn't going for it. I got a real good price on the K75 on-sale locally so that's what she got. It's only been a month but it's getting used on a daily basis. I hope it holds up.

FWIW, we always use bottled water to make coffee. Our old house had well water that left mineral deposits in/on everything. The new place has municipal water, but we decided to stick with the bottled stuff for making coffee.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:44 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,692 times
Winter01,

I lso had a CuisinArt K cup Brewer, Ithad a 60 oz watr reservoir container on the side and it lit up and blinked when it needed to be refilled. Also, the programing screen was blue as well.

This was a pretty pricey machine when I first got it in 2010. Its now 2013 and i hadnt used it in a couple of months because hardly any water comeout when i try to brew a cup of coffee.

It once said de-scale, which i did, but it still hardly spits out any water. Even though there is water in the chamber...Even though . the de scale warning is no longer there! Super Frustrating!!

Although these machines say that you can use your own coffee, i began to notice malfunction when doing so. I think these machines are only geared for k cups.

A friend of mine is also discouraged with her machine, also a keurig but different model. Problems started happening with her machine once she started using her own coffee.

I have been using a Black and Decker single Cup machine. it brews up to 16 oz and it even comes with its own travel mug!

I personally think it brews an excellent cup of coffe, You can find this and similiar types of coffee brewers from $15-25 at Amazon or target.

Unless its given to me as a gift, or I win one, I will never get a keurig again!

Old 11-20-2013, 05:39 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Our Keurig has lasted over 3 years now with no issues. It really only gets used for company or in the winter when I have my Dunkin FV K-Cup in the AM. During the summer it's to the drive-thru for iced coffee.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:48 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Our Keurig is 3 years old or so. We make at least 4 cups a day with it. We do use bottled distilled water to prolong it's life. We've had no problems with it. Bought our sons individual serving type. Very dependable machine...K-cups do make drinking coffee pricier. If you're a connoisseur, then probably not any worse than you normally spend.

Last edited by SATX56; 11-20-2013 at 05:58 PM..

Old 11-20-2013, 05:54 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
I've owned two, the first died under less than two weeks, was replace, was told it had do with the heating element... When it died only after a year I bought better most expensive model, it to died after only a year...So I gave up and bought a French Press love it, will never go back...

Old 11-20-2013, 06:44 PM

546 posts, read 1,818,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
Winter01,

I lso had a CuisinArt K cup Brewer, Ithad a 60 oz watr reservoir container on the side and it lit up and blinked when it needed to be refilled. Also, the programing screen was blue as well.

This was a pretty pricey machine when I first got it in 2010. Its now 2013 and i hadnt used it in a couple of months because hardly any water comeout when i try to brew a cup of coffee.

It once said de-scale, which i did, but it still hardly spits out any water. Even though there is water in the chamber...Even though . the de scale warning is no longer there! Super Frustrating!!

Although these machines say that you can use your own coffee, i began to notice malfunction when doing so. I think these machines are only geared for k cups.

A friend of mine is also discouraged with her machine, also a keurig but different model. Problems started happening with her machine once she started using her own coffee.

I have been using a Black and Decker single Cup machine. it brews up to 16 oz and it even comes with its own travel mug!

I personally think it brews an excellent cup of coffe, You can find this and similiar types of coffee brewers from $15-25 at Amazon or target.

Unless its given to me as a gift, or I win one, I will never get a keurig again!
Yep, this is exactly what both of my Cuisinart K Cups have done. I have the exact one you describe. I almost always use the K Cups and almost never use my own coffee. I think this particular model brewer just has some defects. I think I am going to get the $99 Keurig so that way if it breaks in two years I won't be so sad. I LOVE the convenience of just making one cup at a time quickly when I want it but I agree, it is an expensive route to go for coffee. If I used a regular coffee maker it would be cheaper to buy the most expensive coffee beans all the time but I am a sucker for less work and time!

Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
We have the cheapest Kuerig. 1 bill at Best Buy. Have had it for about 3 years no issues.

We only put Brita filtered water in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House