Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:28 AM

56 posts, read 161,094 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen/done the "Free Water Test" kit that we found near the checkout at these stores? We just moved to the area and thought it would be interesting to try.. now we're being called incessantly that our levels of this and that are higher than average.. Sales gimmick or legitimate concern? Should I contact the water people in NCC to see if they're legit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 05:01 PM

700 posts, read 1,818,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyP27 View Post
Has anyone seen/done the "Free Water Test" kit that we found near the checkout at these stores? We just moved to the area and thought it would be interesting to try.. now we're being called incessantly that our levels of this and that are higher than average.. Sales gimmick or legitimate concern? Should I contact the water people in NCC to see if they're legit?
There are other water test places but you have to pay for it. I'm in Kent and they (municipal office) offer homeowners once a year free inspection. I tried the 'Free Water Test' after our home inspector tested our water (was high in bacteria but shocked the well and tested again, all good. Home was vacant for over a year).
When I filled out the form for the free water test, I transposed 2 numbers in my phone number, on purpose. Correct email address as well as correct home address. Never heard from them at all. Nuttin'. Figured it was a sales pitch. When they call, ask them to hang on for a moment, you have something in the oven. Put the phone down till it starts beeping when they hang up. Hopefully they'll get the hint and take you off their list.
I would check with NCC and see if they have the same free svc as they do in Kent. If not, someone will chime in with a solution.
Best of luck!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
When they call, ask them to hang on for a moment, you have something in the oven. Put the phone down till it starts beeping when they hang up. Hopefully they'll get the hint and take you off their list.
You must remember you have done this. AND hang the phone back up.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:23 PM

700 posts, read 1,818,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
You must remember you have done this. AND hang the phone back up.
Very True! When someone is trying to get a hold of me and can't, they call my cell to remind me. Then I go hang it up. Happened a few times.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:53 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,973 times
Quote:
Very True! When someone is trying to get a hold of me and can't, they call my cell to remind me. Then I go hang it up. Happened a few times.
Good thing we have cells. Isn't it?

Old 01-17-2014, 06:08 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,910,344 times
Quote:
When I filled out the form for the free water test, I transposed 2 numbers in my phone number, on purpose. Correct email address as well as correct home address.
Exact same thing I do! I don't mind people emailing me or mailing me something, but I cannot stand to hear a ringing phone.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:14 AM

714 posts, read 2,305,892 times
Hi, I'm a Carolinian butting in here because I Googled "Home Depot free water test" and got to this thread.

Was it determined then that this **is** a sales schtick? I picked up an envelope on my way out of Home Depot last night because we always get nasty brown crud that forms on our faucets, but I'm really only interested in a legitimate test.

Thanks for helping a southern gal out!

Old 11-04-2014, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 34,247 times
Default Home Depot water test

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Hi, I'm a Carolinian butting in here because I Googled "Home Depot free water test" and got to this thread.

Was it determined then that this **is** a sales schtick? I picked up an envelope on my way out of Home Depot last night because we always get nasty brown crud that forms on our faucets, but I'm really only interested in a legitimate test.

Thanks for helping a southern gal out!
It is a real water test but I do not know what happens as I sent mine in and NEVER got anything back from them. It has been over a year now so I do not know, I would try it but my county does the water testing for $25.00 I had mine done with them and it came back with high levels of bacteria. The guy came out to my house and showed me how to shock my well. I got to say for $25.00 was the best money I ever spent.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:39 AM

208 posts, read 381,321 times
I tired the free test from HD and after about 2 months got a call telling me that when the lab got my water sample, the test tube had broke. Soooo, they said that due to the inconvenience, they would send out an actual person to test the water. When she got there, it was just a ploy to get me to buy a water softener. She wouldn't even test the water for me if I wouldn't let her give me her speel about the softener. I told her thanks but no thanks and showed her the door. It sounds like all this is is a chance to get a water softener salesperson into your home.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:28 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times
This thread was moved from the Delaware forum.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House