Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,064,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I dropped a globule of chocolate ice cream on my kitchen floor and threw a dang towel over it because I didn't feel like bending over. That's the height of laziness and I own it. Dang it, I OWN it. That glob of chocolate ice cream can just stay there on the floor until I'm good and ready to clean it up. I hope this makes someone cringe.

I also ate massaman curry for lunch and am full of super-loud toots and bad breath. It's a super classy kind of day here. I wish someone would invite me over to decorate their house. Just don't ask me to bend over, ya hear me?
I've sent so many reps to everyone ( well, nearly everyone) on this thread that I can't rep you again, but you are absolutely cracking me up!

By the way, not to boast, but I've gotten a ton of reps on this thread too, so apparently I am in some good company when it comes to seeing the humor in all this silliness!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:32 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,797,220 times
Kathryn, I think I have tried to "rep" you a million times on this thread. And I get all fussbudgety when I can't do it. (How often do I get to use "fussbudgety" in conversation? Nevah, that's how often!)

This whole thread has been a laughfest, in my opinion. I even giggle at the posts in which people are irritated. I just don't see how anyone can take it seriously. Fuzzy toilet tank covers are just funny. They JUST ARE!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:23 PM

41,995 posts, read 75,295,700 times
Invite me over to your house so I can make fun of your decor.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:48 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,748,937 times
Ok, here's another fun tidbit.

Remember how popular faux-finishing was in the 90s?

My mom bought a kit at Home Depot and decided to sponge paint the dining room walls. For some reason, she chose 3 shades of brown (a light, medium, and dark). And she wasn't very good at sponge painting, either.

The end result? It looked like a pack of monkeys had smeared poop all over the dining room walls. It was not only hideous, but it looked so much like poop that it was disgusting. Unappetizing. And for some reason, she didn't get around to having someone repaint it for a few months, so we had to live with the poop-room.

To this date, I cringe a bit when I see any sort of sponge-painting or combing techniques, even if it's done impeccably.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:16 AM

270 posts, read 593,615 times
These pieces of porcelain from Meissen make me cringe, plus they are ridiculously expensive.

here

Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,778,093 times
LOL lynnylo, and you're in Germany, too funny!

How about those Lladro figurines? I have my grandmothers. I used to like them when I was a kid. Now, just another dust collector.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:37 AM

270 posts, read 593,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LOL lynnylo, and you're in Germany, too funny!

How about those Lladro figurines? I have my grandmothers. I used to like them when I was a kid. Now, just another dust collector.
They are from Spain, aren't they? I had to look them up.

The thing is, with those figurines from Meissen, people still spend crazy amounts of money on that terrible stuff like these monkeys. Sometime several thousands of € on one!

But they're normally not from Germany. They make them for the Asian, Russian, Middle Eastern and US market.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,797,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Invite me over to your house so I can make fun of your decor.

Come on over and take a gander at my chocolate stained floor!

I've never made fun of the decor in someone's house I've visited. But, there have definitely been times when a curio cabinet full of Precious Moments has stared at me. I felt judged by those Precious Moments. They could see into my dark, rotten soul that I keep hidden from view, I tell ya.

One of my best friends has about a zillion Precious Moments. She knows how I detest them. She says, "I think they're cuuuuute!" And I say, "They're not! Look at their scary eyes!"

Old 04-03-2014, 10:52 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,486,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
So what's the verdict on drapes that are longer and are sort of bunched up on the floor?

We have blinds, I can just imagine the cats traversing those drapes.
I don't care for the puddling drapes. They look too "staged" to me. And, lol, my cat did climb the drapes one time when he was trying to escape a dog that came in the house...not pretty.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:57 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,778,093 times
I like the look but they would be dust collectors. Maybe in my next life.

Yeah, those Lladros were hot back when the Sopranos was on, now, not so much. We will see what they bring on ebay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House