Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 07:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Love the pendants in the kitchen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 09:47 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Your energy & skills are truly amazing. Taking the time to take pictures, documenting it all, sharing knowledge and expertise is greatly appreciated.

When I watch most home renovation shows on tv, we rarely get to see the home owner roll up their sleeves and do the work themselves....and if we do, it's a few minutes here & there. I love your determination.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Love the pendants in the kitchen!
Thank you. I like them also

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Your energy & skills are truly amazing. Taking the time to take pictures, documenting it all, sharing knowledge and expertise is greatly appreciated.

When I watch most home renovation shows on tv, we rarely get to see the home owner roll up their sleeves and do the work themselves....and if we do, it's a few minutes here & there. I love your determination.
Thank you. Mike and I are the opposite…we hate when contractors or other people are around. They just get in our way most of the time and we can't wait for them to leave

Old 01-26-2015, 10:16 AM

Default Granite Counters and Gutters

What a combo, lol. We are almost finished with the inside work…for now

Mike and Lisa's World: New Gutters and A Granite Counter

Old 01-26-2015, 10:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
What a combo, lol. We are almost finished with the inside work…for now

Mike and Lisa's World: New Gutters and A Granite Counter
Very nice.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:39 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,483,704 times
It's coming along nicely! That kitchen is huge, and the countertops are beautiful. I'm glad you went with a more subdued granite than the big splotchy stuff. I don't like a lot of stuff on my countertops either, but you need a few things, just a few . You have so much countertop space that you won't get that cluttered feel.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:06 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Wow, Lisa! The kitchen transformation is beautiful. The counters closely resemble the ones your daughter used in her place except, if memory serves, she used laminate. Doesn't matter, though. Both are great colors and patterns.

Your house has really taken shape. It has been such fun looking at the photos from where it started to where it is today. Cannot wait to see what's next on the list. Have a great (and productive) week.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Just beautiful Lisa. Baking, canning, cooking...so happy for you!!

Old 01-27-2015, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Very nice.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
It's coming along nicely! That kitchen is huge, and the countertops are beautiful. I'm glad you went with a more subdued granite than the big splotchy stuff. I don't like a lot of stuff on my countertops either, but you need a few things, just a few . You have so much countertop space that you won't get that cluttered feel.
I agree. I don't really like granite to begin with and I really dislike the crazy stuff. I will have to add more of something on the counters..oh I cringe at the thought, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Wow, Lisa! The kitchen transformation is beautiful. The counters closely resemble the ones your daughter used in her place except, if memory serves, she used laminate. Doesn't matter, though. Both are great colors and patterns.

Your house has really taken shape. It has been such fun looking at the photos from where it started to where it is today. Cannot wait to see what's next on the list. Have a great (and productive) week.
Thank you. Yes I think our counters are close in color. Nicole got the better deal Mike thought this house needed to have granite for future resale purposes.

We have one more inside thing going on this week and then I may do a before and after of the inside. Those pictures are always fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Just beautiful Lisa. Baking, canning, cooking...so happy for you!!
Yippee….I'm defrosting a turkey right now. I can now clean a big bird in my sink Sadly I don't have a gas stove so no canning in this kitchen

Old 01-27-2015, 04:25 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Thank you.

I agree. I don't really like granite to begin with and I really dislike the crazy stuff. I will have to add more of something on the counters..oh I cringe at the thought, lol.

Thank you. Yes I think our counters are close in color. Nicole got the better deal Mike thought this house needed to have granite for future resale purposes.

We have one more inside thing going on this week and then I may do a before and after of the inside. Those pictures are always fun

Yippee….I'm defrosting a turkey right now. I can now clean a big bird in my sink Sadly I don't have a gas stove so no canning in this kitchen
I don't know anything about canning, but my neighbor does a lot of it. And she has an electric stove. Why do you need a gas stove, to keep the heat constant and regulated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House