Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 11:29 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,334 times

Advertisements

Hi,
about a month ago, we came back from vacation, and noticed some water coming through from underneath our glued-on hardwoord floors in the kitchen. i immediately turned off the hot water to the dishwasher, and replaced both the hose to the dishwasher, and the return hose from it (to the disposal under the sink).

both hoses seemed to be in poor shape, so i figured that was the end of it. but now, i have water again under the hardwood. If i turn off the hot water, the water goes away the same or next day. if i turn it on, regardless of if i use the dishwasher or not, the water under the wood is back!

my only guess is that the dishwasher itself is leaking, and that the water going INTO the dishwasher is leaking from within, even if the dishwasher isn't turned on to wash.....(i've checked all hose connections and nothing leaks). is that a good possibility? This is a high end LG stainless steal dishwasher we've had for 6 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 12:27 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,572 posts, read 81,167,557 times
An LG should last a lot longer than 6 years. When you replaced hoses, did you verify that the clamps were tight and not leaking? If you remove the short lower kick panel in the front, and shine a flashlight underneath, then turn on the hot water, you should be able to see any dripping. If it were me, I would remove the mounting screws at the top, slide it out, and then turn the hot water on and inspect closely to locate the problem. If your dishwasher is next to the sink, I would first look for a leak where the hot water is connected to the faucet. Even the hot water shutoff valve could be leaking.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:18 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Did you use the little rubber washer inserts that go inside the screw on connection?

Old 01-01-2015, 05:43 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,299,067 times
My dishwasher also leaked under the unit. It was not the input connection, or the drain. As it turned out, there was a crack on the housing under the unit.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:18 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
My dishwasher also leaked under the unit. It was not the input connection, or the drain. As it turned out, there was a crack on the housing under the unit.

We had the same thing and the DW wasn't terribly old.
The repairman suspected it right away and said it isn't awfully uncommon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House