Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 07:29 PM

4,543 posts, read 3,744,949 times

Advertisements

I just bought Roach Prufe from Amazon, it had like almost 5 stars!

What about your guys' advice on bifenthrin vs lamba-cyhalothrin? The professional exterminator who had come by before had sprayed a combination of both of these in the house. Do I need both or is 1 of them better than the other. On Amazon, people had better things to say about the 2nd link, which is cyalothrin.

Here are the 2 links:

http://www.amazon.com/Bifen-Bifenthrin-Control-Insecticide-Concentrate/dp/B003IMIPF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452133774&sr=8-1&keywords=bifenthrin

http://www.amazon.com/Cyzmic-Compare...rds=cyalothrin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Nevermind, I discussed a few things with a friend, and found a better product I believe.

How is Cyper WP? or known as Demon?

http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Insectic...words=cyper+wp

Old 01-08-2016, 11:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,912,049 times
Demon is a termiticide. You can use it as a barrier spray around the foundation but not as an area spray. If you have animals, do not use it unless you just like vet bills and the animals dying at an early age from cancer. Likewise, you need to wear protective clothing if using it as a spray. Works best when injected into the soil which is what it is designed to do. I use the Bifen XT at home as an area spray and around the foundation for termites. You can not let animals on it while it is wet. After it's dry, no problems but I only use it twice a year. Otherwise I use a permethrin that I get at the local feed store. Once dry, it's like magnum Raid for the yard. Our spring summer and fall is about 8-9 months long and I usually only have to use it 3 times.

Just reread your post. Your exterminator sprayed Demon IN the house? This guy doesn't value your life much as this stuff will kill you. I would strongly suggest wet mopping the areas he sprayed this stuff and use rubber gloves. Document this event as Demon is a major cancer causing agent. Bifin is also not for interior usage, at least the one I buy. States that exactly on the instruction sheet.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:08 AM

17,339 posts, read 11,266,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I had a minor roach problem. I tried DE and it did absolutely nothing. I followed the directions, etc. I called in the pros and haven't had a problem since. There is a sticky for do it yourself pest control with lots of helpful information.
I agree, don't waste your time. If you want to get rid of the bugs and stay as bug free as possible, regular insecticides work. Natural, "safe" concoctions make you feel good, but are not going to solve most problems.

Old 01-09-2016, 01:20 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,693,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Demon is a termiticide. You can use it as a barrier spray around the foundation but not as an area spray. If you have animals, do not use it unless you just like vet bills and the animals dying at an early age from cancer. Likewise, you need to wear protective clothing if using it as a spray. Works best when injected into the soil which is what it is designed to do. I use the Bifen XT at home as an area spray and around the foundation for termites. You can not let animals on it while it is wet. After it's dry, no problems but I only use it twice a year. Otherwise I use a permethrin that I get at the local feed store. Once dry, it's like magnum Raid for the yard. Our spring summer and fall is about 8-9 months long and I usually only have to use it 3 times.

Just reread your post. Your exterminator sprayed Demon IN the house? This guy doesn't value your life much as this stuff will kill you. I would strongly suggest wet mopping the areas he sprayed this stuff and use rubber gloves. Document this event as Demon is a major cancer causing agent. Bifin is also not for interior usage, at least the one I buy. States that exactly on the instruction sheet.
Re the section which I bolded, I'm sure the information was well meant but it really isn't true. The area of pesticides, their uses, and their dangers is often very confusing to most of us, and I personally do a lot of reading before I use any of these products.

Demon - both the WP and EC formulations - is labeled for use within homes, hospitals, workspaces and schools. It, like most pesticides, is a possible human carcinogen.

I worked in the pest control industry for 20 years and, if I had to offer one piece of advice to non-professionals who were about to perform a pesticide application it would be this:

Always read the label and the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) prior to opening the pesticide container. It is imperative that you know:

1. How to mix the product
2. Where to use the product
3. What protective clothing is required
4. The main mode of entry
5. What to do if you are exposed
6. What to do with the empty container
7. How long before you can retreat.
8. The target pests and warnings about non-target animals

Since pesticide AIs (active ingredients) - and also their inert ingredients - are possible carcinogens, they must be used with extreme caution around children, especially those who are 12 years old and under, since the brain and central nervous system has not completely formed yet. Kids also absorb more substances proportionally than adults, and their bodies are not as well equipped to deal with them.

So, in choosing a course of action to deal with a bug problem, I would listen to what others have to say about their experiences, but I would also research any product that I was urged to use.

Old 01-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:

No, he sprayed bifenthrin and cyalothrin inside the house. He did not spray Demon inside the house (cypermethrin). A friend told me about Demon and that it kills everything quicker, but looks like it is too dangerous to use inside the house. I had read Demon instructions online and said you can use it indoors in cracks and crevices if you're careful.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:06 AM

22,654 posts, read 24,579,035 times
You can apply DE with a spray-bottle (wear a mask). Just mix up DE with water and spray it onto the areas you would normally spread DE. This way the DE is doing its job, while being a lot less likely to get scattered about and into the air.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:41 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,534,081 times
Quote:

EXACTLY ! ^^^^

If you absolutely 'need' to buy diatomaceous earth for inside the house, please, buy the food grade only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House