Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:30 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
It's what birds do.
And finding something to be offended by is what old retired guys do!

"Get off my lawn you damn birds!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 12:54 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
And finding something to be offended by is what old retired guys do!

"Get off my lawn you damn birds!"

And saying dumb **** is what people in a younger age group do.

It evens out.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:11 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Hose down the sidewalk several times a day? You sound like one of my neighbors. God forbid there is bird poop anywhere near their property. And we live in the desert. What a waste of water!

Old 03-16-2017, 01:17 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Hose down the sidewalk several times a day? You sound like one of my neighbors. God forbid there is bird poop anywhere near their property. And we live in the desert. What a waste of water!

With the water restrictions some of you have how does he get by with that?

Old 03-16-2017, 01:50 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Reminds me of this old ditty:

Birdie, birdie in the sky - why'd you do that in my eye?
Birdie, birdie I won't cry - I'm just glad that cows don't fly.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:54 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Pamper's for birds? It'd be a little hard to diaper them though, and all that changing!
Here ya go...

Jungle Wear Bird Diaper Parrot Suit!

Old 03-16-2017, 03:50 PM

5 posts, read 4,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper
Oh No ! Fake News !!!!!

Please reread my post. I said 2 or 3 times a week.

Sounds like some of you people would enjoy having bird poop all over your sidewalk and driveway. I am guessing you never had this problem before.

We have a lot of walkers, out for exercise, in my neighborhood that have to walk around the poop if I don't keep it cleaned off of the sidewalk. My HOA hasn't said anything yet. Plus, it just looks filthy. A nice neighborhood, nice houses, except for that guy's house with all of the bird poop.

I have heard about using something shiney too scare off the birds. I will try this, if only I could find a shiney owl. I do have some rat poison I could mix with some bird seed. Maybe then the little F'ers would fly away and die some place.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:53 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
That is DISGUSTING!

Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,234,310 times
Is it a mulberry tree? If so, I sympathize. Birds love the berries but they can't digest them and they end up with diarrhea. The best you can really do in that case is cut down the tree.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:05 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRetiredGuy View Post
Oh No ! Fake News !!!!!

Please reread my post. I said 2 or 3 times a week.

Sounds like some of you people would enjoy having bird poop all over your sidewalk and driveway. I am guessing you never had this problem before.

We have a lot of walkers, out for exercise, in my neighborhood that have to walk around the poop if I don't keep it cleaned off of the sidewalk. My HOA hasn't said anything yet. Plus, it just looks filthy. A nice neighborhood, nice houses, except for that guy's house with all of the bird poop.

I have heard about using something shiney too scare off the birds. I will try this, if only I could find a shiney owl. I do have some rat poison I could mix with some bird seed. Maybe then the little F'ers would fly away and die some place.
Do NOT try to poison the birds! If they are migratory, you'd be in violation of federal law. You could also be in violation of local or state laws in regard to leaving poison where pets or even children could ingest it. Bad idea.

Hanging cheap aluminum pie tins in the tree might help, though it certainly won't add any beauty to your property. Still - better bird poop than dead birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and other seed-eaters littering your sidewalk.

Have you called around to locate plastic owls? Have you tried noisemakers? If the birds are roosting in your tree at night, have you tried shining a bright flashlight on them to encourage them to fly away? If you haven't yet tried these harmless approaches, why on earth are you talking about using poison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House