Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:46 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motifone View Post
Hi everyone,

I think my bigger question is -- this washer is in the 15 day return/exchange window -- if repair tech comes out and says "yes a part seems defective, let me order the part and then take apart your new dishwasher in the first week of owning it", my feeling is I should just request an exchange or return it. And with more googling, see I'm not alone (see attachment)...
Why wait??? If you're within the return window, Replace it. The guy coming out is going to be another installer. He can't order any parts as during the first year kitchenaid is called to come out and has nothing to do with GS. Geek Squad is just a generic umbrella name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 PM

1,020 posts, read 809,198 times
That's a tough one, cuz either way, it's a hassle for you. I wouldn't trust a GS guy for anything on a DW. I would possibly trust a mfr rep. We had some issues with our brand new one & the mfr rep was able to fix 3 of them. He was wrong about 1 thing though. I guess if it were me, it would come down to which is the least hassle, returning the whole DW or having a mfr rep come out to fix it. And & I know what you mean abt video, sometimes the sound just doesn't transfer well.

I would try to get the store mgr to put in writing that after you have a MFR rep come out, they will take it back if it's defective. OP, how long has it been since you had a new dw? I ask b/c I was convinced (been 16 yrs for me) that one of the repeated noises my new one was making couldn't be correct, but it is, per the mfr rep. They've changed a lot & have a bunch of water saving/electric saving sh%t, that makes them not work as well.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:55 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,170,383 times
We put an inexpensive dishwasher in one time after taking out the old used unit we had. Knowing it was a cheapy machine, we took the blanket off the old one and put it on top of the one in the new one and shoved it in the hole and installed. Quietest machine we ever had!

Now if your machine tests out ok, look into getting something like the insulating blanket if it is available and if it would fit and do what we did.

I wish you luck, hopefully your repair person will be knowledgeable.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:18 AM

320 posts, read 2,530,167 times
Hey all, just an update since you been helpful. One of the Best buy appliance guys came back to the house to listen to the sound. He said it was normal. My gut still told me it wasn't, but I didn't want to argue because I have no frame of reference. Maybe it is normal, but it's loud. At that point, I was thinking of just keeping it, didn't want to risk a trade out for possibly a bigger problem. I started a wash that night and went to bed. Woke up and the washer was full of water at the tub, drain dead, couldn't start another cycle. Machine dead. Decision made at that point lol. I'm exchanging it for a quieter machine in the brand, less bells & whistles, less moving parts so probably less noise.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:12 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Shows your instincts were right! Glad that it happened in time to get the replacement without any issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House