Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 06:21 PM

2,550 posts, read 2,739,249 times

Advertisements

Has anyone bought one of these cordless vacuums? It seems like the Tineco or Dyson are the best options. I have gone over the reviews but there are so many models it is hard to decide. Tineco seems to be the only one that does offer some of the models with two batteries.
I just don't want to buy the wrong one mainly because they are very pricy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 07:37 PM

913 posts, read 886,745 times
I have the Tineco A11 Hero for about 2 years now and love it. Mine came with one battery, but that is more than sufficient for my 1200 sf house. I have not run out of charge yet while vacuuming the entire house.
I also really like the filter cleaner.
I can't comment on the Dyson because I have no experience with it.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:26 PM

17,712 posts, read 29,839,573 times
Try searching the fora for “cordless vacuums”

Old 10-03-2021, 08:43 PM

2,550 posts, read 2,739,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I have done all that. Checked reviews including Consumer Reports,

I am looking for someone who has actually bought and used one on a personal level.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:22 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post

Check on this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/shop...ss-vacuum.html

Old 10-03-2021, 10:38 PM

1,655 posts, read 776,517 times
I bought the Tineco S12 Pro I think it’s called for my parents (I’ve used it a lot too) last month. It was about $600…two batteries…lots of tools, etc.

I would say it’s just ok. Doesn’t seem to have much suction unless you turn it all the way up but then the battery will die quickly. I’m thinking about returning it to Costco and trying out one of the Dyson V11s…I hear they have battery suction.

Old 10-04-2021, 02:22 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
I bought a Eufy about 4 months ago. At first I loved it. It was very light weight and maneuverable.

It's negatives are that it's suction power leaves much to be desired. It will pick up dust and some cat hair off the floor and that's about it. Anything else stays on the floor. When I turn it off, little bits of dirt, sand or whatever come back down the tube onto the floor and never makes it into the canister. This is on medium power. If I turn it on high, the battery lasts only a few minutes or the vac overheats. Nearly every time I vacuum (almost everyday) I end up getting the broom and dust pan to pick up the stuff it send back down. That's really annoying.
It overheats very easily and turns itself off. Once off, I have to wait for it to cool down for it to come back on. This is just for vacuuming a small house with mostly hardwood floors and some rugs on the hardwood.

It's just me and my indoor cat that lives here. It shouldn't be overheating so easily. It's great with lose cat hair but otherwise nearly worthless.
I guess I was really spoiled with my corded Dyson ball vacuum. That thing was 15 years old and sucked up everything with no problem. The only reason I bought a cordless stick is because I moved and didn't take the old vacuum with me. I'm getting older now and have some stairs as well and didn't want to lug a heavy vac up and down.
I'm also in the market for a cordless stick vac that really works, after only 4 months with the Eufy. I've been looking at recent ratings of stick vacs and Eufy isn't even mentioned. I wonder why, LOL.
Maybe I'll just spend the big bucks and get a Dyson since I have a good history with that brand. I'll be watching this thread to see other recommendations.

Old 10-04-2021, 05:09 AM

30,453 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Has anyone bought one of these cordless vacuums? It seems like the Tineco or Dyson are the best options. I have gone over the reviews but there are so many models it is hard to decide. Tineco seems to be the only one that does offer some of the models with two batteries.
I just don't want to buy the wrong one mainly because they are very pricy.
Love my Dyson stick mick . Now my ball just sits.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:11 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,069,120 times
I love Dyson it works perfectly, it’s amazing I will think eve thing looks clean yet Dyson manages to find hair, etc.

Old 10-04-2021, 10:27 AM

3,377 posts, read 1,973,336 times
AirRAM is the one I have and I love it. It holds a charge for a very long time and the battery is so easy to take off and put back on. It's also really easy to empty. Our house is one level and completely tiled and we have large area rugs that it works very well on. It goes easily from tile to carpet. We have three dogs and live near the beach so the vacuum is used very often along with our Roomba. I don't remember how much it cost but it wasn't in the Dyson price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House