Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 06:35 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,703,307 times

Advertisements

My living room windows look over my neighbors' side flower garden. They are both active gardeners so my view is beautiful year round with flowers and the birds that visit it.
My lanai looks over a walking/jogging path. Nice to sit there with my morning coffee watching others out exercising or walking their dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 06:46 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,347,512 times
My back sliding glass doors going out to the lanai which goes to the pool. Behind the pool are the Areca Palms that create a living wall all along the back. When the breeze comes through, their fronds sway to and fro, almost like they are dancing.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:30 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,063,982 times
My four-season room. It faces the back/northeastern part of my property. I live in a fairly rural subdivision. There is empty property belonging to someone else behind mine. It is partially wooded with deer living in it. The rest of it is field on which there are crops grown.

Because of the way I did my landscaping, I have blocked out other houses and it feels as though I am alone and in the countryside. I had planted a row of arbor vitae along one side to screen from my neighbors with the pool to gives both of us some privacy.

I have a lot of roses—some knockout and some climbing—eight crepe myrtles, five gardenias and an arbor with carolina jessamine and a bench under the arbor. My late mother loved roses and gardenias, so I planted them in her memory. I have some maples that help to block out western sun in the summer.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:37 AM

3,445 posts, read 2,826,879 times
We are fortunate and live at the top of a mountain. All of our windows have a view, only 3 don't have mountain views, but they do have views of our yard and trees.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:46 AM

24,565 posts, read 18,318,569 times
Master bedroom

Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,737,091 times
My bedroom, my daughter's room, and the living room all look into the backyard, which is up against a wooded lot. I guess that's the best view. The kitchen and my son's room overlooks the street, which is not a bad view (wooded lot across the street), but I suppose not as good as the backyard. Neither are particularly great, though.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:21 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,605,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stehay View Post
And why

I would say my room as you have a great full view of the street ahead.

The best view I have, is from the bathroom window, although I have to step into the bathtub to use it. It looks out over my backyard and my large bird feeder. Actually, it's the only window in the house I ever use. The kitchen window has a view of the inside of the garage, the living room windows don't open and are always covered with closed shades. My bedroom windows are boarded-up with two layers of plywood and a thick layer of closed-cell foam inside, installed to block the noise from the 3-ring circus that occupied the next-door duplex.

Drug dealers (their field crew) would pull up in their SUVs at all hours with their sub-woofers going full-blast and the gang in the backyard was usually busy disassembling stolen cars. The numerous children there, were constantly screaming and whacking everything in sight with clubs and bats. The Feds finally moved in and arrested many of them for international drug trafficking and the rest fled to parts unknown, but only after the others in the neighborhood had suffered for years. The local police had been forbidden to contact them, until the Feds had built their case.

The windows will retain their noise-blockers, as the current neighbor is a compulsive lawn-mower, who attacks the grass whenever it has grown more than an eighth of an inch. She's a day person, who swings into action at sunrise. She spent two weeks digging a huge hole in the yard, to install a plastic swimming pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House