Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 01:06 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

I am trying to see what the exterior of a house would look like in different colors. I know you can do this.

There is a "Colour Viewer" feature on Benjamin Moore's site, but this is the second time I've tried to upload a photo to it and use it and it just seems to get hung up.

Does anyone know of another program like this that works better?

Thanks.

ETA: OK, Sherwyn-Williams' similar feature seems to actually respond. Ben Moore was still hung up. Closed it.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-08-2018 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 11:10 PM

292 posts, read 163,271 times
My husband is a painting contractor so just wanted to add a few FYI's before you paint.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your specific question.

A color chart is often off. I'm guessing a website showing you what a house would look like with this or that color wouldn't be any different. Meaning that may not be what the house really looks like.

The same color you find on a color chart might be different in two different stores.

Example: the color Navajo White at Sherwin Williams is much lighter than the Navajo White at Kelley Moore.

I've also noticed the internet doesn't truly reflect colors as they are in real life. At least that was my experience using Google streetview to check out homes for sale before we purchased this one. I realized if it was a great deal, we needed to drive out there to check it out. Streetview either made it look better or worse than it actually appeared in real life. Good luck

Old 07-10-2018, 05:20 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,389,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
My husband is a painting contractor so just wanted to add a few FYI's before you paint.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your specific question.

A color chart is often off. I'm guessing a website showing you what a house would look like with this or that color wouldn't be any different. Meaning that may not be what the house really looks like.

The same color you find on a color chart might be different in two different stores.

Example: the color Navajo White at Sherwin Williams is much lighter than the Navajo White at Kelley Moore.

I've also noticed the internet doesn't truly reflect colors as they are in real life. At least that was my experience using Google streetview to check out homes for sale before we purchased this one. I realized if it was a great deal, we needed to drive out there to check it out. Streetview either made it look better or worse than it actually appeared in real life. Good luck

Yes. We just had our house painted and had to get 4 'sample cans' to paint test sections of our house before the color looked correct.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:40 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Thanks. Forgot I'd started this thread.

I ended up ditching the Benjamin Moore site because it wouldn't load and using the Sherwyn Williams site.

You are both right, the colors aren't really true on the Internet, and I was sitting in front of my laptop while the bf, whose house it is, was standing behind me, and the shades looked very different from our two different perspectives. On the upside, he'd wanted to see if the color range he wants to use would work on the house and in the setting, and so that was helpful.

In the end, he'll be getting color samples the old-fashioned way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House