Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:47 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,850,696 times

Advertisements

Question posed: How will dust be removed from outside concrete surfaces, ground, garbage cans and car?

Answer: Wait for it to rain. Problem solved. If you need an estimated time for completion of cleanup, turn on the weather channel for a few minutes.

I read some silly, frivolous, and stupid stuff on here sometimes but damn every once in a while, one comes along that is exceptional. lol

Old 01-10-2019, 12:05 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,298,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkhollow View Post
I’m not actually sure what it came from, they may have been sawing granite (stone) as well which produced the white dust
Dear Cisco,

The installation of new drywall would most assuredly not create the amount of dust outside the building you are describing. Drywall is cut to size by scoring and snapping it which raises no dust. This is all they would be doing outside. Any dust would come from cutting openings for fixtures and sanding the joint compound, both of which would be done inside.

So my guess would be that the illegal Mexican contractors are vacuuming up the dust at the end of the day and dumping it on your property in the hope that you will breath it and get cancer. This is attempted murder, so you would be absolutely right to sue them. I would recommend wearing a toxic dust mask at all times around your house and in your car. Whatever you do, do not clean up the mess because you will need it as evidence of this heinous crime.

Best wishes to you, and please say "hello" to your current stalking victim for me.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:15 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,913,617 times
Gypsum is good for your lawn. It helps break up clayey soils. Hopefully, they will not charge you for treating your lawn with gypsum. It can be expensive. I suggest you make some hot chocolate chip cookies and bring them and a pitcher of milk to them every Friday at 3 p.m. as a thank you. Perhaps they will be merciful and let you have the gypsum for free.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:17 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,298,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Gypsum is good for your lawn. I helps break up clayey soils. Hopefully, they will not charge you for treating your lawn with gypsum. It can be expensive. I suggest you make some hot chocolate chip cookies and bring them and a pitcher of mil to them every Friday as a thank you. Perhaps they will be merciful and let you have the gypsum for free.
Good advice, but instead of milk and cookies I might suggest chips and salsa and a bottle of tequila.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:35 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,581,476 times
Quote:
The unit being remodeled was flooded during Harvey last year so it’s been vacant for a long time and is just now being fixed up after an investor purchased it.
OK, I'll play. If the unit was in fact flooded from Harvey nearly 18 months ago, you've got MUCH BIGGER problems than white dust. I'm talking BLACK MOLD!!! Sheetrock dust takes many years to give you lung cancer, but BLACK MOLD will kill you pretty quickly. And by now it's spread inside all the walls in and around your unit. No wonder the neighbor/investor is remodeling.

My advice would be for you to pay those Mexicans to stop working on the neighbor/investor's unit and immediately gut your unit...walls, floors, ceilings, cabinets, fixtures, everything! Otherwise you're a goner.

The only other option is to force your neighbor/investor to sell you the unit. Do they have family to move in with? Offer them $500 over the Zestimate because of the dust and mold contamination.

Good luck. Get out as fast as you can.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:17 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,041,527 times
I cant wait till the painting starts.Keep us updated.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,610,354 times
Quote:
There is a white dust all over the grounds surrounding our Condominium building from the next door unit which is going though a complete remodeling. My walkways, stairs to my condo entrance, covered parking spot, and even my garbage bin are all covered under a white dust which appears to be gypsum silica dust from the drywall the workers have been working with. They removed a bunch of old drywall and installed new ones. This remodeling project has been going on for almost 2 months now, so I’m assuming the project is nearing to an end. I’m also hoping the workers will clean up the huge mess they left behind. The unit being remodeled was flooded during Harvey last year so it’s been vacant for a long time and is just now being fixed up after an investor purchased it. If the workers don’t do a good cleaning what can I do about this? Our community doesn’t have a proper HOA, the association doesn’t do jack so no luck contacting them. Could I possibly file a lawsuit against the owner of the unit? It’s not fair that I have to be going through all this crap coming out of some investors construction project whom does not even occupy the property. I don’t want to develop cancer later on in my life because of this
Yes. Sue the bastard. I’m not sure what loss you incurred but go ahead and sue. You really should get a lawyer to make sure you win

Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 PM

61,903 posts, read 87,406,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I cant wait till the painting starts.Keep us updated.
I don't think so.
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House