Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 7,850 times

Advertisements

I am 21 years old and will be doing an internship in Gypsum. I am really looking forward to the internship and everything Colorado has to offer. I already now what type of outdoor activities I would like to persue out there. I mainly want to know where I should go for good nightlife. I know I am close to Vail and Glenwoods Springs. I was hopeing that someone could tell me some good towns to have a good time with as many young people as possible. Also, im interning at a new private gated community that is being built. I am specifically going to help build the back nine of a golf course. Do you think the locals are going to hate me because of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 09:39 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,163,200 times
You'll be well located to access two major Colorado "party central" towns ... Vail and Aspen. There'll be no shortage of nightlife there.

The local workers will be do the same thing you're doing .... working to pay for their Colorado mountain lifestyle. You're not taking anything away from them; there will probably be a worker shortage with all the building going on up there. Your biggest challenge will be to find affordable/livable housing.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,466,283 times
I live in Gypsum..it is pretty quiet, but close to Vail, Avon, Genwood etc. The summers are great...and there is always a show or some event in Vail.

If I were your age I would look for lodging in Avon/Edwards, which would put you half way between work (Gypsum) and play (Vail) Living in Gypsum or Eagle might bore you to tears.

It is also quite a bit hotter in the summer in Gypsum versus Edwards/Avon

Housing will be your biggest issue..but one thing is in your favor-it will be the off season-so you should be able to find a decent deal.

There is very good public trans in the Valley as well

people are used to gated communities around here..don't worry about working/interning at one..ummmm let me guess Bright Water??

Old 05-16-2007, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,850 times
yeah housing is not a problem they are giving me housing in gypsum. thanks for your responses i leave on sunday and start work on monday. i guss vail is my party spot and does anyone know anything about glenwood springs it looks pretty cool... im def gonna go in that huge hot spring.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 AM

291 posts, read 2,075,185 times
It will be fun to 'discover' where the fun spots are. From Gypsum, Vail & Aspen are a pretty long drive. Glenwood Springs (and points west), while beautiful, is going to be a challenge to access due to the tunnel construction in Glenwood Canyon.

Your best chances for night life are in Edwards and Avon. Avon has a bunch of bar/restaurants that cater to a more local crowd in the summer, but after July 4th, the deals go away and the tourist count goes up. By then, you'll find your favorites, probably close to home, like Edwards.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:49 PM

5 posts, read 11,358 times
ACL5027 should look around for classes in English. It is very apparent to me that all the quicky email systems are helping to destroy the English language in the United States. If people are doing grunt work they can probably get along, especially if they try to stay "stoned" when they are not working. The upper-crust in the Vail area will probably do what they can to limit friends to linguists who can speak intelligently. OK, there are plenty of things to do for entertainment, although it is expensive.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:54 PM

5 posts, read 11,358 times
Sure Glenwood Springs is knows for the rather old community swiming-pool, but the rage the last few years is the hot-spring caves on the north side of the highway and slightly east of the pool. During the summer months, there are evening concerts on the weekends in a small park about a halp mile west of the pool on the south side of the big road. They could have great musical groups there.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 5,856 times
I am hoping to get in touch with acl5027. I am a superintendent in mass and have some questions about brightwater. Let me know if you see this post.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfourre2 View Post
I am hoping to get in touch with acl5027. I am a superintendent in mass and have some questions about brightwater. Let me know if you see this post.
ACL5027 hasn't been on this board in 3 years. Go ahead and ask about any area in COLO, we have people here who can help.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 5,856 times
I am a golf course superintendent and I am trying to find out all the information I can about the Brightwater Club in Gypsum, Colorado that went bankrupt. Pictures would also be a very big help. Thanks for responding to my post Mike from back east!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado