Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 10:02 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times

Advertisements

I don't know your laws..Google em...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 10:25 PM

110 posts, read 36,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes
Useless post without photos
That wouldnt be possible as we like to keep things family friendly here on city-data

I used to go in our hot tub in the buff.. It was in our backyard (on the back porch) and no one could see me.... I also like to go swimming in the summer that way also......

I would be nervous just walking around blindly that way though as you dont know who may call the authorities!!

Old 01-26-2019, 05:32 AM

1,831 posts, read 3,200,641 times
I wouldn't worry about it as it sounds like there is a reasonable effort put forth to create a barrier to view with the fence. If it offends someone, they would likely call the police and they would come out to talk to you about it and it could then be addressed.

It may create some chatter in the neighborhood though, depending on how well neighbors communicate. When I was a kid a guy bought a house in the neighborhood and put in a pool and hot tub and had many late night parties. There was a tremendous amount of gossip about it and I think events were distorted. To my knowledge, no one ever complained about it to the guy or the police.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:34 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Yes it is illegal to expose sexual parts of the body in Utah.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/nu...-america-31193

The OP said the most anybody might see is a female's breasts. I don't believe they are considered sexual parts or every breastfeeding mother would be in trouble.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:45 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,412,379 times
Two things would make this appropriate, either you were raised by the apes in the jungle or your intentions are to flash your neighbors and their kids. I understand you want to fully claim that it is your private property but we're not animals rather humans who have norms, values and morals we live by. I understand there is a fence but it talks allot about a person's character and personality when they portray this sort of behavior.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:55 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Its half witted to expose yourself in Scotland would freeze your bits off..

Old 01-26-2019, 10:21 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,961 times
I owned a house with a pool in KS for 12 years- privacy fence was at least 6 feet. I loved being able to strip down to nothing after a lot of weeding in hot, sticky weather and jump into the pool. The neighbor on one side might have been able to see me from his second floor; the other couple would have had to go into their back yard and try to find an opening in the fence.

Never had a complaint. And if someone were to go to the trouble of peeping through a hole in the fence and complained, couldn't they be charged with voyeurism?

Old 01-26-2019, 12:17 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
I have two story houses all around, so, uh, no.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:42 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
This.

Do I think what the OP is doing is unreasonable? Absolutely not, but it only takes one person being offending to make your life hell.
Yeah, if people can become "offenders" by being caught in "public" urination, when facilities aren't available. That's really a bummer....remember Seinfeld in the parking structure? Or was it George?

Old 01-26-2019, 12:47 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
A problem I could see with this would be that seeing the sky and in turn having the sun shine down on you in a hot tub is half the experience. I actually have hot tub experience in Utah as I have used the hot tub at the Snowpine Lodge in Alta Utah after skiing on a few trips out there. Hot tubs are nearly a religious experience when the snow is falling on your face along with the sun trying to pierce though the snow laden sky. This combined with the therapeutic heat and warmth of the hot tub is simply magical.

The "Sail" would take that experience away.

I knew it!! It was bound to happen. Here we are talking nude hot tubs (which would involve private parts) and someone has to come along and express fantasies of "assaults with a dead weapon"...

Just couldn't keep the thread PG-13, could you!...
A bathing suit would be a good answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House