Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 01:36 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Let's play....
Out of these? I like #2. I think the grey-blue looks sharp with the vellum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 05:16 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
I would recommend either number 1 or 2 but prefer #1 for the reasons mentioned below.

I like the blue & brown for two reasons, it blends in better with landscaping & nature and the brown trim would not show the small black mold, mildew & pollen from trees that are probably nearby. (Typically Asheville )

My second choice would be the blue and tan because it does highlight the houses trim and architectural lines, however it will highlight any debris from the trees that will be airborne.
I like the blue and tan but think it's the wrong shade of tan. I'd look at something more similar to the rocks; or even try taupe.

I was going to suggest a gray but it would clash with the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Love the look of the house but I’m thinking the entrance door needs to be more visible with a coordinated accent color and a leaded glass panel would definitely add to the appeal. ( not that you asked )
Agree about the door. I'd also like to see something with the window. It just look blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I like #2 as well. I think the brown is too dark and the white too light.

ETA Consider painting the garage door the same color as the house.
I hadn't noticed the garage but like the color on it in photos 1 and 4. Looks like a better fit with the rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahWicky View Post
Another vote for #2. #1 looks too muted and muddy for my taste. The door could be used as a focal point with a contrasting color. I don't know if red would work, but definitely not brown. And some attractive glass as mentioned before.
I wouldn't do red. It's so over used.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:16 AM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times

Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I like the blue and tan but think it's the wrong shade of tan. I'd look at something more similar to the rocks; or even try taupe.

I was going to suggest a gray but it would clash with the rocks.

Agree about the door. I'd also like to see something with the window. It just look blah.

I hadn't noticed the garage but like the color on it in photos 1 and 4. Looks like a better fit with the rock.

I wouldn't do red. It's so over used.
Are you talking more like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Which exterior colors do you like and why?-blue-tan-home.png   Which exterior colors do you like and why?-blue-tan-2-house.png  

Old 02-21-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Are you talking more like this?
Yeah, I like the 2nd one but would do the front door the same as the garage door.

When you actually do this, I'd just make sure the actual chip you use is complimentary to the rock which you can't change so don't fight it. That's what I did with my kitchen, used colors that were in the counter tops

Old 02-21-2019, 10:43 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yeah, I like the 2nd one but would do the front door the same as the garage door.

When you actually do this, I'd just make sure the actual chip you use is complimentary to the rock which you can't change so don't fight it. That's what I did with my kitchen, used colors that were in the counter tops
This home is just a sample for me to chose color. It's a similar style. There won't be a garage either. I think I'd like a different color front door. I am also toying with getting a half glass door (at the top) and 2 panel at the bottom but not sure how that would be. It's the only other option the builder offers outside of sunburst.
Attached Thumbnails
Which exterior colors do you like and why?-glass-door.png  

Old 02-21-2019, 11:00 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
The second one. The brown/blue is too dark and #3 the trim is too light.
Ditto.

Although I would choose #3 as a close second place. I'd nix the blue/brown and the blue/brown/white combos totally.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:05 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
If I had to pick one, it would be blue/white. I really don`t care for the colors though. I like bright beachy colors.....especially yellow.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
This home is just a sample for me to chose color. It's a similar style. There won't be a garage either. I think I'd like a different color front door. I am also toying with getting a half glass door (at the top) and 2 panel at the bottom but not sure how that would be. It's the only other option the builder offers outside of sunburst.
So there is no existing rock on your house? If that's the case, you can choose whatever rock you want that meshes with the colors you decide to use.

Agree with glass on the door. I think it would make a difference.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:06 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
abstain.

we like the colors which
"blend in" and are hard
to discern using Google Earth.
Camo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House