Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2021, 08:20 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,440,169 times

Advertisements

We are in the middle of re-doing a kitchen. We had a double wall oven before, and will have one in the new and improved kitchen too. Exact same cabinet layout on that small wall as before. I swear our old wall ovens were 27". I meant to order 27" wall ovens, but just realized that I actually ordered 30" wall ovens. I ordered them back in November, so they have been sitting in my garage since December, so I can't return them.

The cabinet they are going into is a 33" cabinet (made for a double wall oven). Please tell me they will fit. I checked the specs and measured the cabinet (it was just installed Friday), and it looks like they will, but I would really bet money on the fact that our old ones were 27". Height and depth aren't a concern.

Of course, I had this relevation on a weekend, when no one was here working on my house that I could ask.

Here are the wall ovens I ordered: https://www.kitchenaid.com/major-app...ode500ess.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 10:58 AM

37,644 posts, read 46,052,689 times
Your kitchen designer would know the answer to that. Obviously you don't have one, but you should. I would post this on HOUZZ - a lot of experts there that will be able to help.

Page 3 of the installation guide appears to show that it will fit, but honestly I would post this on HOUZZ, as I said above.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/content/d...25670-RevB.pdf

Old 04-26-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Your kitchen designer would know the answer to that. Obviously you don't have one, but you should. I would post this on HOUZZ - a lot of experts there that will be able to help.

Page 3 of the installation guide appears to show that it will fit, but honestly I would post this on HOUZZ, as I said above.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/content/d...25670-RevB.pdf
We had a cabinet designer, but not a true kitchen designer. We really aren't changing the layout of our kitchen at all, just replacing everything (appliances, counters, cabinets, floor, etc.). I already knew what appliances I wanted (they are the ones that match our existing fridge, which we love, and is relatively new, so we're keeping).

The ovens come in 27" and 30". The ovens were ordered before the cabinets, and I meant to order the 27" ones, but didn't due to human error. So this wouldn't have been an issue had I just not screwed up. Cabinets were ordered based on me telling the cabinet designer that I ordered 27" ovens. I just happened to look up my appliance order this weekend because I needed the specs for the cooktop to give to the countertop fabricator. That's when I saw it.

Cabinet installer is finishing up today. He said he thinks it will be fine. From what I found online, it looks like 27" ovens are meant for 30" cabinets, and 30" cabinets were meant for 33" cabinets, which is what I have. When the house was built, there was a wall oven with a built in microwave above it. We replaced that with double ovens. I believe we did 27" ovens because that's the width of the one the builder put in. But that may very well have been undersized because it was cheaper and so it would line up wiith the microwave.

Old 04-26-2021, 12:20 PM

17,480 posts, read 66,114,115 times
From the manufacturer-

“Cut-out” dimensions are the numbers to verify. Spacers are built-in to the unit so you don’t have to account for free space/clearance for the unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Please tell me this will work - double wall oven-884fb527-ec37-4910-a8c7-9c4be8a8869a.png  

Old 04-27-2021, 06:51 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,997,197 times
As long as the ovens fit and have the minimum clearance in the interior for safety reasons (the specs would give those dimensions), perhaps your "human error" was a good thing. Those few extra inches of oven make a big difference in what fits inside, like a bigger cookie sheet :-)

Old 04-27-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
As long as the ovens fit and have the minimum clearance in the interior for safety reasons (the specs would give those dimensions), perhaps your "human error" was a good thing. Those few extra inches of oven make a big difference in what fits inside, like a bigger cookie sheet :-)
You're right! Turns out my error WAS a good thing. 30" ovens were what was intended for that cabinet. The builder must have had their resons for a 27". My guess is because it also had a built in microwave above it, so the size was the same. Double ovens were an option with the builder. The previous owners, who built the house, didn't select that option. We replaced them with double ovens after we moved in. Got 27" ones because that's what was already there. We pretty much just had to take aout a shelf and trim piece, and it fit right in.

I feel much better now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House