Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 06:51 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,053,481 times

Advertisements

Bought a Weber grill from Lowes. Side burner doesn't work. Weber says they will fix. I'm willing but partner feels like we're getting defective merchandise and wants to get rid of it. Not sure what we'll buy instead. Yes I know this sounds kind of silly.

Has anyone had this experience of either bad assembly or defect from Lowes with a propane grill? We have checked the wires they look good.

Our 30 days is almost up and I want to return it while/if I can.

Is Home Depot any better at this, delivering with no defects?

I let Lowes put together because I didn't want to. I still don't want to do it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 10:01 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
There's probably nothing wrong with the grill other than bad assembly. Home Depot is no better.

Old 11-02-2021, 11:47 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,010,995 times
If Weber says they’ll make you whole- what’s the problem!?

There’s not that much to a gas grill- and since you didn’t detail the problem with the side burner- I don’t know what you expect to get here. Big Box store are in the business to SELL products- not assemble them! Assembly is a customer service “tool” so you’ll come back and buy more. How much precision in assembly do you think you’ll get from somebody that makes $8-9/hr. and probably only has a HS education? That HS education doesn’t come with mechanical aptitude, and reading (directions) maynot be spectacular- especially since most assembly directions are written by engineers AND lawyers.

If you return it you’re just starting over- how many times do you want to go through this!?

Old 11-03-2021, 05:59 AM

Your responses are perfectly reasonable. If I had gotten this fixed sooner maybe this wouldn't be an issue. We've had it for two weeks and haven't used it.

Old 11-03-2021, 08:31 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,010,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
If I had gotten this fixed sooner maybe this wouldn't be an issue.

Wha da Hell!?
You bought a product that doesn’t work properly- time frame in which to repair it is only limited by the warranty, not your lack luster response.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:29 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Bought a Weber grill from Lowes. Side burner doesn't work. Weber says they will fix. I'm willing but partner feels like we're getting defective merchandise and wants to get rid of it. Not sure what we'll buy instead. Yes I know this sounds kind of silly.

Has anyone had this experience of either bad assembly or defect from Lowes with a propane grill? We have checked the wires they look good.

Our 30 days is almost up and I want to return it while/if I can.

Is Home Depot any better at this, delivering with no defects?

I let Lowes put together because I didn't want to. I still don't want to do it myself.
Just return it. Why wouldn’t you?

I would have no problem just getting another one… Weber is an excellent grill. It’s an easy assembly too… I would prefer to do it myself rather than let those goobers to do it.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Just return it. Why wouldn’t you?

I would have no problem just getting another one… Weber is an excellent grill. It’s an easy assembly too… I would prefer to do it myself rather than let those goobers to do it.
Goobers?

Old 11-03-2021, 10:13 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,856 times
Quote:
Goobers?
LOL. Goobers. LOL

My family uses the word “goobers”, too. I know exactly what ChessieMom means. LOL

Old 11-03-2021, 10:45 AM

Naive, ignorant, foolish

I would have thought it meant stupid?

Old 11-03-2021, 10:49 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,071,862 times
So, what did we learn?

Do NOT by capital goods (Mowers, appliances, gas grills) from a big box store. They are constructed to a price point, which means cheaper construction.

For a gas grill, go to a mom and pop hardware store or a store which specializes in such goods.

For now, get that piece of crap back to Lowes, get your refund, and go buy a quality piece (Weber is fine, mine is over 20 years old) from a reputable store.

At worst, you won't have a goober slapping it together.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House