Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 09:13 AM

741 posts, read 1,750,319 times

Advertisements

I currently have cedar wood siding and planning to replace it with another siding option that is good from looks and maintenance perspective.

My contractor has provided Ascend Composite Cladding Siding https://ascendcompositecladding.com/

Please advise how good or bad is Ascend Composite Cladding Siding compared to Hardi board/Hardi Plank siding...

Also how good or bad is this Ascend Composite Cladding Siding compared to Hardi board/Hardi Plank siding

Also how good or bad is this Ascend Composite Cladding Siding compared to Vinyl siding

BTW... The contractor mentioned lifetime warranty on the siding product (Ascend Composite Cladding Siding) and 20 years labor warranty.

PS- The contractor mentioned that James Hardi Plank and Ascend Composite Cladding are the same material but just different brand name/manufacturer.. So I just wanted your take on this... Please advise your thoughts...

Last edited by spalam01; 06-15-2022 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 10:35 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
I personally or professionally would not recommend a “composite” (plastic & wood) siding product.

The similar decking products have proved their “non-performance”.

Old 06-15-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
I personally or professionally would not recommend a “composite” (plastic & wood) siding product.

Would you recommend James Hardi Siding instead?

Old 06-15-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:

BTW the contractor mentioned that James Hardi Plank and Ascend Composite Cladding are the same material but just different brand name/manufacturer.. So I just wanted your take on this... Please advise your thoughts..

Old 06-15-2022, 01:12 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
BTW the contractor mentioned that James Hardi Plank and Ascend Composite Cladding are the same material but just different brand name/manufacturer.. So I just wanted your take on this... Please advise your thoughts..

I’d be finding another contractor!!! He’s full of BS saying it’s the “same material”! I hate to think what else he’s already lied about-

From Alside’s website-
”ASCEND is the world’s first composite cladding engineered with a combination of Glass-Reinforced Polymer and Graphite-Infused Polystyrene.”

Last edited by K'ledgeBldr; 06-15-2022 at 02:38 PM..

Old 06-16-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback...
I spoke to the contractor and insisted that I want James Hardi Siding as originally discussed/assumed and the contractor agreed that we will go with Hardi siding instead of Composite Siding...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House