Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 02:30 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,744,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyk72 View Post
I have a Schlage non-smart keypad deadbolt. went with a dumb version to avoid depending on wifi and battery last many yrs since it's not constant connecting to wifi signal. I still carry a key but love the convenience of punching in 4 digits to open the door.

Yep, we have this one, been using it for 5 years now. Easy to use, sturdy construction. Have not replaced the battery yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365...ps%2C81&sr=8-5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 02:41 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Another gadget to beep at me.

Why do the batteries always run out at 1:30 in the morning?

Old 08-23-2022, 03:55 PM

841 posts, read 552,824 times
I've used this one for a year without any issue. We all have our own codes so I can tell who unlocked the door. You can also open with your fingerprint. (And yes, there is a manual key I have well hidden on the property in case it malfunctions.)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Old 08-23-2022, 11:17 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,546,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
I've used this one for a year without any issue. We all have our own codes so I can tell who unlocked the door. You can also open with your fingerprint. (And yes, there is a manual key I have well hidden on the property in case it malfunctions.)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
How do you like the ultraloq? Does the fingerprint reader work pretty consistently?

Old 08-24-2022, 06:05 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,546,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
I also have a Schalage dead bolt lock that works well allowing access to dog sitters or friends when we are away.

It will work with a key or two different combination numbers that can be changed at any time. It also has a one button push quick lock function.

I’d rather not have to carry house keys!
I have this as well. Works great. Again, you can have a 4-digit code for family, and another code for others, as mentioned above. The mechanism turns the deadbolt. Gets below 0*F up here at times, and the lock works flawlessly. The battery has lasted two years.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:39 AM

841 posts, read 552,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
How do you like the ultraloq? Does the fingerprint reader work pretty consistently?
I haven't had any issues and I use it basically every day. My boyfriend did, but I think it was because he saved them at one angle and then kept trying to touch the pad differently when he actually tried to unlock it. I asked him to redo the saved prints, but he didn't. He just prefers to use his code to get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House