Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 11:18 PM

18 posts, read 9,337 times

Advertisements

In my other thread I mentioned how I have black but mostly gray mold in the walls and ceiling of my small apartment. I am located in a 3rd world country. I read you are suppose to wear goggles and a n95 mask at least when cleaning mold. Now does the goggles to be be expensive ones like dewalt goggles or any goggles in a hardware store I find would work even if it is cheap?

I can order the dewalt ones online here but it would take longer to receive compared to just going to a local hardware store here. I do believe the safety goggles in the hardware stores here are cheaper and most likely not as good quality. But does that matter?

The dewalt one i saw online seem to be rated the top safety goggle but i read mixed reviews if it protects against mold? It says anti-mold but that means something else? If i just get any goggles at local hardware store, that would be quicker but any concern if they are only like 2-3 dollars each? I think the most expensive one they have might be 9 dollars or so but again I don't know much about this. Thank you.Safety Goggles Recommendation?

Old 12-05-2022, 12:28 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
I like the kind that keep stuff outa your eyes!

As for your problem...
Mold. Mold of any kind, need 3 things to live- water, food, oxygen. Remove any "one" item and mold will not grow! In a house, apartment, or dwelling, generally the easiest to remove is water. So, to answer your bottomline question- use your A/C!!!

Old 12-05-2022, 03:21 PM

I want to know does the goggles need to be specific such as do they have to be safety goggles or can it be safety glasses? Does it need to be anti fog?

These are the options I have here. Note the prices here are not in US.

https://www.homedepot.com.mx/segurid...ce:&pageSize:&

https://www.truper.com/eng/CatalogoE...RUPER-239.html

Old 12-05-2022, 03:46 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,569,779 times
I think goggles are not absolutely necessary, but if you feel like you need them then any inexpensive ones should be fine. It's more important to protect your lungs so get a good N95 mash and you should be fine.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:41 PM

These are the 4 safety goggles and glasses at truper. The first 2 are more expensive but because they are safety glasses, avoid it? The $3 safety goggle isn't at the store. The $2 safety goggle is available but that doesn't seem to mention splashes? Are any of these good from looking at the photos and this description? I used google translate for each.

Heavy Duty Safety Glasses - $10

Professional safety goggles
excellent panoramic vision
flexible design for a better fit over the nose and eye area
protection against impacts, splashes and dust
anti-fogging coating
100% polycarbonate mica with UV protection and anti-scratch
soft frame and bridge

Ultra Light Safety Glasses - $9

Truper ultra light safety goggles
antifog coating
100% polycarbonate mica with UV protection and anti-scratch
foam seal for added comfort

Safety Goggles -$3

Truper safety goggles
mica 100% polycarbonate
4 indirect ventilation valves

Safety Goggles, Pretul - $2
Safety goggles, pretual
protection against impacts and dust
direct ventilation
polycarbonate mica

Old 12-06-2022, 02:51 PM

2,054 posts, read 1,663,604 times
You just need something comfortable to wear, doesn't fog, and keeps splashes of whatever chemical you are using from getting in your eyes. Personally, I'd go with safety glasses over goggles as they are much less likely to fog up. Polycarbonate is good at impact protection and better at scratch resistance than other plastics and should be good for other tasks. You want something that protects the sides of your eyes, be it wrap around glasses or ones with side shields.

Old 12-29-2022, 12:40 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Please see my post here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64660123-post18.html
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House