Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 01:47 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,397,769 times

Advertisements

Make sure you use strippable wallpaper. It will save you so much headache when you want to change. Yes, strippable bathroom paper is available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 01:48 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,544,166 times
I absolutely hate wallpaper. I hate hanging it, I especially hate removing it (and patching the walls afterward). But my wife found some peel and stick (removable wallpaper) she wanted in our downstairs bathroom. The existing bathroom was already wallpapered, so I didnt feel like taking it down (see comment above ;-)), so I reluctantly agreed to put up this peel and stick stuff.

Oh, what a disaster. It took about 3 evenings, mainly because of frustration levels getting the stuff applied. It sticks immediately, so when you line up part of the pattern, and press it in, the other side "catches" and sticks as well - then you need to peel it up in order to re-apply from the seam so you don't have bubbles, because you cant really squeeze any bubbles out. Trying to apply behind fixtures (e.g. toilet) or under pedestal sink is a nightmare without removing the fixtures, so you have to introduce seams where you don't want them. With real wall paper, while its wet, you have some wiggle room to slide the whole sheet over, not at all with the peel and stick stuff. It may be less of an issue in a bedroom where you have blank walls, but in an 8x5 bathroom it's just constant frustration. Not to mention the rolls were designed/optimized for 8' ceilings, so if you have 9 or 10' ceilings you have to buy extra paper in order to match seams properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House