Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2023, 08:48 AM

12,963 posts, read 9,481,954 times

Advertisements

Yesterday afternoon we were at a play downtown, and near the end my phone kept buzzing in my pocket. It was my neighbor, who was trying to call then finally texted with a picture - I have the top of a poplar tree on my house.

Long story short, I filed my State Farm claim this morning on the phone, then called a tree company to come clean things up. Big job for me, probably routine for them. No way at my age I'm going to try to move 8-10 inch tree limbs/trunks from my roof. Just too dangerous. Looks like minimal damage to the house (facia down, gutter destroyed, heat pump dented, deck rail destroyed, possibly some siding on back).

Tree company is supposed to be here by noon and clean up the tree before the day's done. We'll see if they show. Sometimes companies say they will, then they never come. But I've exchanged a couple of phone calls and texts with them so I'm looking on the bright side.

It's the life of a homeowner I suppose ....
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 08:54 AM

17,357 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Ugh, I'm sorry that you are contending with that. I hope it all gets resolved quickly. Glad no one was hurt and the damage to your property is not too bad.

Old 08-07-2023, 09:41 AM

12,963 posts, read 9,481,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Ugh, I'm sorry that you are contending with that. I hope it all gets resolved quickly. Glad no one was hurt and the damage to your property is not too bad.
Thanks! Another line of storms approaching now, so I hope they can get here at least in time to tarp the damaged soffit before blowing rain starts again. They'll have to remove large limbs before the tarp can be installed though. It's just too dangerous for me to tackle.

Old 08-07-2023, 10:10 AM

17,357 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Thanks! Another line of storms approaching now, so I hope they can get here at least in time to tarp the damaged soffit before blowing rain starts again. They'll have to remove large limbs before the tarp can be installed though. It's just too dangerous for me to tackle.
Yeah, don't try to do that yourself. Saying a prayer for you that they get there quickly enough to minimize any further damage.

Old 08-07-2023, 05:04 PM

24,496 posts, read 10,825,052 times
I hope all will turn out well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House