Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 08:25 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Was it fully repainted though? I am not having mine fully
Repainted. Just a few walls need work and then touch ups, fixing cracks etc.
Do your walls look like they need repainting? A touch up is not a full repaint. I would clarify with him what he means by that. You need to get specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 08:30 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Our house has curb appeal. We've kept the yard up and we've take care of details like power washing, mulching, etc as needed.

We are in the process of painting our interior ourselves - room by room- and it's a slow go because we've had lots of other things going on. If someone could do the rest for 2K I would grab that deal in a heartbeat. And we don't have cracks, dings or drywall work to do.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:51 AM

666 posts, read 478,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Do your walls look like they need repainting? A touch up is not a full repaint. I would clarify with him what he means by that. You need to get specific.
Yea I am going to call and clarify for sure. Walls look decent. Color is neutral. There are definitely a lot of marks on hall wall going up stairs. And then the cracks on walls and ceiling I think would be good to fix. Think they’re all house settling cracks. Then would definitely need to paint over water damage and the issues with vaulted ceiling.

Old 04-12-2024, 05:22 PM

445 posts, read 281,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
... fixing drywall from water damage...
This could kinda be a thing.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:31 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Had a guy coming thru the neighborhood, selling painting services. He gave me a quote...

$49,500!

LOL, he actually thought it was worth 50 large to paint my dump! (That would double it's value!)

He then started to drop his price. Got him down to $29,500 for the exterior. Still, not even close to market. (Maybe $5,000 at most for my small dump.)

Who knows, maybe it included a bathroom addition....LOL!

Old 04-12-2024, 07:42 PM

666 posts, read 478,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Had a guy coming thru the neighborhood, selling painting services. He gave me a quote...

$49,500!

LOL, he actually thought it was worth 50 large to paint my dump! (That would double it's value!)

He then started to drop his price. Got him down to $29,500 for the exterior. Still, not even close to market. (Maybe $5,000 at most for my small dump.)

Who knows, maybe it included a bathroom addition....LOL!
Omg yes never know with these people. They try to take advantage. I’m a solo woman so probably ultimate target. Got quoted recently 30k to fix my roof deck! Basically told
Me I need to build a whole new deck. Ended up paying 7k to fix instead.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:02 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
My opinion is I would do work that adds curb appeal, but I would not spend money unless I thought the investment would increase the value more than the investment. I question whether a $2,000 paint job would increase the sales value of a house by that amount.
It may not get you more money for the house, but it could help it sell quicker. Buyers don't have to build in the cost/hassle of painting.

If you have a mortgage, selling faster is essentially selling for more, as you save on the mortgage payments you don't have to make.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:16 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
It may not get you more money for the house, but it could help it sell quicker. Buyers don't have to build in the cost/hassle of painting.

If you have a mortgage, selling faster is essentially selling for more, as you save on the mortgage payments you don't have to make.
I definitely agree. Selling faster was definitely a bigger concern in the two estate sales I mentioned earlier. Neither house had a mortgage, but the houses were empty. We had trouble getting homeowners insurance on an empty house. We were also paying property taxes and utilities, having to mow grass, etc.

Old 04-13-2024, 05:48 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
It’s worthwhile to know what your house is lacking. You can either fix it and sell for more, or not fix it and sell for less.

If I’m planning to paint the interior anyway, I’m not going to pay more because you already did it.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:23 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It’s worthwhile to know what your house is lacking. You can either fix it and sell for more, or not fix it and sell for less.

If I’m planning to paint the interior anyway, I’m not going to pay more because you already did it.

yes, I too agree with this, and most likely you wont paint the colors I like either, and how can anyone know. yes, I truly agree with you on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House