Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,355 times

Advertisements

Ok, without delving in religion a whole lot as thats a whole different thread, I honestly believe that those who "see" or "feel" have been given a legitimate gift from God. Its been my experience that the gift presents itself when ever it chooses and not the other way around. These so called mediums and ghost hunters are capitalizing on a new found market (or an old one depending on how you look at it) and claim a lot of false sightings and feelings.

I also know that through training and practice you can ask the right questions to get anyone who's not in tune with the game to feel like its them that you are talking about.

Ill give you an example of something else...like I said its the hand of God touching me.

I had a traffic stop at two in the morning. Just a flickering license plate and nothing else, besides I was bored. As I exited the patrol car, a voice very distinct and clear spoke to me. It said "There is a gun in the car". There was no indication of violence, no hint of anything wrong other than what I saw at face value and here comes this voice telling me of impending danger.

Long story short, I pulled a 45 cal. off the passenger who had two felony warrants. What if I didnt listen?

So to that end, if I walk into a house and all my senses light up like a christmas tree, I'm going to pass irregardless of the deal. Sometimes its the house that drives the folks to commit unspeakable acts against each other. You never really know do you?

All I ask is why I cant get the same feelings about lottery numbers....

And just for the record, I've creeped out all my patrol partners and wife and kids numerous times.......I just go with it. Take care and God Bless.......

No where did I put that flashlight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 12:05 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Well, have they removed the bodies yet? I definitely wouldn't move in if the bodies were still there.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 PM

384 posts, read 2,221,691 times
This is an interesting post because we have a house under contract where a baby died from SIDS. We got a nice feeling in the house, nothing creepy and fell in love with the house despite that tragedy. My family members keep telling me that unfortunately it is the owner's tragedy, not ours and that we can be perfectly happy in that house. Someone also pointed out that we are helping the owners move on and they are helping us move on (we needed to move for my husband's job)...so we are kind of helping each other out. The only major issue I have right now is deciding who will have that bedroom. Any suggestions on how to bless the house or anything like that?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 455,355 times
Well we have our house blessed once a year by our Parish Priest. Not sure what your religion is, but it provides a level of comfort on a spiritual Level.

A baby dying from SIDs is something totally different as it is a condition that is named when everytrhing else has been ruled out. Its usually found in babies under 1 yr of age and is usually attributed to a natural occurence rather than a willful criminal act of abuse or neglect. If you feel good about the house than I would encourage you to go with your gut as you are the ones that know specifically what your needs are.

I am of the humble opinion that having a house blessed can only help and not hurt. Thats just me. I wish you well.

Winter

Old 07-26-2008, 02:09 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,353 times
I agree with scorpion. It wouldn't bother me if somebody died in the house so long as it was natural. FACT: my childhood bedroom was the same bedroom where my grandfather died.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:52 AM

211 posts, read 402,589 times
Several years ago I was working in a townhouse the owner was putting up for sale. There was one room that didn't cool at all. Was cool air coming out of the vents?...yes, but dissipated quickly, widows were closed, didn't feel warm, and no sun beating in. I mentioned it to the owner who told me the previous owner murdered his SO in that room and it was always like that no matter what...yes, he had people look into why this was happening but to no avail. He was selling it because his finance would not stay there. Other than being quite warm the room didn't disturb me.

Not too long ago I spent several days working in a home where there was a high profile horrific event that took place and knew before I accepted the job....would I do it again?...no. I had a conversation with someone else working there and he mentioned an event that took place while he was there that creeped him out. I was uncomfortable at times for sure, it didn't feel right at all.

Would I knowingly purchase a home where something horrible took place?..nope, no how, no way...that one home did it for me.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:58 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
I don't think it would stop me from buying the house. I know in our town several years ago there was a murder/suicide; a husband lost it and killed his wife then himself. The house did sell for less than what I thought it was worth, but it sold pretty fast all the same.

I do know the wife who previously lived in our house died in our home, peacefully in her sleep. I imagine it was in our master bedroom. It has never really bothered me, though. Neighbors say she was a very kind, quiet woman.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:56 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
If someone died of natural causes that is one thing, but murdered is a whole different story. There are way to many homes out there you can get a great deal on without buying a home that has that kind of a history.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:51 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
NO WAY!! I believe in ghosts and spirits and would never live in a house where a violent act occurred.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:19 AM

746 posts, read 2,176,149 times
Default Maybe...

I think it would depend on what actually happened and how long ago. I don't believe in karma, but bad memories can have a profound effect on the psyche. I wouldn't want to have a truly horrible history on my mind when I think of my house, it would tarnish how I feel about it. I do have a story to share of living in a house where people died.

When I was a child, a family that was friends of ours had a house fire. The dad and son died of smoke inhalation. I remember my parents bringing the remaining family back to our house that night and attending the funerals. The house was repaired and put up for sale. The family that bought the house was also friends with us and the family that had the fire. Their first night in the house we stayed overnight with them. Us kids slept together so it wouldn't be so creepy. Years later I actually lived there during my senior year of high school. I never felt anything weird living there, just some sad memories. If anything, knowing how kind and loving those people were that died, I think they would have been happy knowing it was friends living there.
It also helped that the house looked very different after being remodeled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House