Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the following activities would bother you, if your next-door neighbor was to do them?
Hang clothes outside 37 12.33%
Leave kid's toys outside 49 16.33%
Work on trucks / cars in the open 51 17.00%
Plant a vegetable garden in plain view 18 6.00%
Plant a vegetable garden out of plain view, but within your view 7 2.33%
Change their shades to an unconventional color 20 6.67%
Change their house color to an unconventional color 103 34.33%
Install lawn ornaments 50 16.67%
Install a large roof-top antenna 58 19.33%
Install a ham radio antenna tower (50 - 70' tall) 129 43.00%
Leave a car or RV parked outside 49 16.33%
Leave a boat parked outside 66 22.00%
Leave a non-running car in their yard, out of plain view 71 23.67%
Leave a non-running car in their yard, within plain view 181 60.33%
Regularly run a loud car audio system with heavy bass 245 81.67%
Run a small cafe from their house 159 53.00%
Shoot off rifles / guns for target practice during daytime hours 217 72.33%
Shoot off rifles / guns for target practice at night 250 83.33%
Install political protest signs in plain street view 79 26.33%
Put up a flag in plain street view 9 3.00%
Drink on their front porch 30 10.00%
Smoke cigarettes on their front porch 39 13.00%
Smoke weed on their front porch 153 51.00%
Hang clothes outside 37 12.33%
Have a garage sale 15 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:40 AM

203 posts, read 927,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I wish my neighbors would keep their 3 dogs off my property. I've had to break up dog fights between them and other dogs more than once. One visiting dog had been pretty badly injured by them. I also don't like their dogs killing the rabbits and other wildlife on my property... At some point I may have to address this with them.

Having said that... I guess that the thing that most bothers me about neighbors is nosy neighbors.... i.e., people who don't mind their own business.

I don't want to live next door to Sanford & Sons or the Beverly Hillbillies kind of yards but homeowners most need to respect each other's property.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone just minded their own business and treated others with respect?
Right on! that's at the top of my list too! Nosy neighbours.........soo nosy, they'd knock on the door and if you didn't answer they'd cup their hands around their faces and press their noses against the window pane........until you came to the door......God help you if your walkin around butt naked! Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 08:54 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Shooting guns would bug me. Loose dogs bug me. Neighbors butting into my business on my own property bugs me. Everything else ... meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
why in the world do people even sit in the front of the house if they have a back yard?
Why in the world would you want to sit in the back yard if you can sit out front, watch the world go by and greet your neighbors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I won't get upset if you sit on your porch and smoke weed unless I'm not invited.
Heh. And bummer about those front yard parties drying up. Can I move to your neighborhood? Maybe we can start 'em up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Keep your kids playtime to a minimum on the weekends. Please no ALL DAY Sunday and Sat. I believe Sundays should be nice and quiet for relaxing.
When else are kids supposed to play? They're in school all day. Weekends are for kids, too, and playing is how people of all ages "relax." Try it sometime.

Quote:
No yard cutting at 8am. Can't you wait until 10am???
Not if it's going to be 90 degrees by 10 a.m., but only 75 degrees at 8 a.m. I'd be out there, too.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 AM

126 posts, read 299,700 times
It would annoy the hell out of me if my neighbors put up a flag(where we live it would B a mexican flag.)I didn't check that one however since I don't have a prob.w/American,Texan,or Confederate flags being flown,they R Amer.flags,&this is America after all.It's wrong 2 make the statement"this is Mex.or any other nations soil",when it's smack dab N the middle of America.We kicked the Eng.2x,we stomped the Mex.2x,&we gave the Union 1hell of a fight 4 our sovereignty.America 1st.!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:36 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macharuadan View Post
It would annoy the hell out of me if my neighbors put up a flag(where we live it would B a mexican flag.)I didn't check that one however since I don't have a prob.w/American,Texan,or Confederate flags being flown,they R Amer.flags,&this is America after all.It's wrong 2 make the statement"this is Mex.or any other nations soil",when it's smack dab N the middle of America.We kicked the Eng.2x,we stomped the Mex.2x,&we gave the Union 1hell of a fight 4 our sovereignty.America 1st.!
My neighbor is British and her husband is American and they fly both flags. It never bothered me in the least as it is part of her heritage.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
My neighbor is British and her husband is American and they fly both flags. It never bothered me in the least as it is part of her heritage.
I believe 1 should B proud of their culture,but try living N a neighborhood/side of town where all U C is Mex.flags.Wouldn't U B a little upset if U were surrounded w/British flags.This is America 4 Gods sake,not Mex.Britian,Ireland,Russia,China,..!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
What matters more to me is the character of my neighbors. Are they good neighbors? Do they do anything other than display a piece of cloth that's not to my taste? Do they try to spell the English language correctly when writing or do they use shortcuts? (That last one drives me absolutely nuts, editor that I am. I refuse to do it even when I AM texting!) There are much worse things that neighbors could be doing than a flag. Most of them none of my business, either.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM

Other things that bother me R our neighers belief N getting a puppy,&once it's grown & no longer cute,always leaving their gates open,letting their dogs have free run of the neighborhood.Most these dogs R pittbulls.This makes it unsafe 4 children playing N the street w/friends.If their dogs cause any mischief or Lord forbid bites someone,their dog is a stray & they say"No comprenda"! It's absurd!We currently have 4 pitts,2Rots,a boxer,couple of chow mix,sev.pitt mix,&a few mutts on our street alone!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Just the weed and the stereo We all do the rest ourselves

Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,724,505 times
You left out placing garbage cans/recycle boxes outside within sight and neighbors who walk their dogs, leaving dog-do on your front lawn.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM

[quote=TexasHorseLady;5108895]"There are much worse things that neighbors could be doing than a flag." AMERICAN PRIDE ANYONE?,ANYONE,ANYONE?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House