Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:28 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
There's quite an interesting discussion on the eBay Home and Garden forum about a critter that was living in the attic/walls of a house. It ate the squirrels in the attic and the owner almost adopted it. It was a great source of entertainment for everyone reading that thread:
eBay Forums: I have a problem,does anyone know what ...
Oh my word, I had never heard of the marten before. I saw one catch a squirrel and run off with it several years ago and until your post, I had thought it was a large, black cat with a bushy tail. I was living in a small town in Nebraska at the time and it captured a squirrel in a tree in my yard. I heard a strange "squeal", went outside and saw it running away with the squirrel in its jaws. It really wasn't a whole lot bigger than the squirrel. And all I thought we had here in the way of small animals were skunks, raccoons, squirrels and rabbits. The marten must be a rather rare critter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 5,401 times
Snakes, especially rat snakes, can get into attics. No more mice. Usually, if you get rid of the mice, bats, etc. in the attic, there will be no more snakes. However, he may come back occasionally to visit or hang out on cool days. I live in Georgia, out in the woods, and snakes are a huge issue, especially when it rains a lot.
Call a snake removal person, or put out snake traps yourself. Be prepared. Rat snakes are long and look scary, but are usually fairly good natured. They are often as curious about you as you are about them. Had one in our well house who "visited" during the heat of the day. Black racers are more aggressive. Both are excellent climbers. Neither are venomous.

Happy hunting.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Well, Donna Reed from 2008 never posted back on what transpired with the noises in her house. So I guess we'll never know.

I've had birds in the holes of cedar siding before. They make a fuss at night sometimes.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 353 times
For the last month or so I’ve been hearing a “bump-bump” from an interior wall. I thought it was a squirrel so I closed up all openings. Still I heard it. I moved to another room. Sadly, “bump-bump” followed me there. This also was an interior wall. This only happens at night or early in the morning. I actually pulled the Sheetrock down from one wall but found nothing. I had a friend redo the insulation under my home. He said he found what appeared to be a nest of some kind. No animal. He did mention animal feces about the size of your little finger. That night, no noises. The next it was back. What could this be? What animal only moves at night and only in interior walls?

Old 07-10-2020, 09:06 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbo69 View Post
What could this be? What animal only moves at night and only in interior walls?

You're not going to like this answer, but...
If there are no openings within an interior wall cavity, it’s dead space. The “animal” you’re hearing is in some other part of the house (likely the floor system/attic) or in your head.

There are a lot of nocturnal (mammals that move/forage at night) animals/vermin- which one depends on your geographic location.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:09 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,237,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
You're not going to like this answer, but...
If there are no openings within an interior wall cavity, it’s dead space. The “animal” you’re hearing is in some other part of the house (likely the floor system/attic) or in your head.

There are a lot of nocturnal (mammals that move/forage at night) animals/vermin- which one depends on your geographic location.
Or, it could be that the guardian angel needs glasses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House