Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:21 AM

445 posts, read 1,605,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Wow! Who would have thought that a gated community could be a legal refuge where criminals are protected from being surveyed by police?

Even a normal type of HOA is at risk because the gangs could overtake the board by simply buying up property and out numbering other residents with votes.

I do not think gang members are real concerned with parliamentary procedure - hollow points seem to be their option of choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenoid View Post
I do not think gang members are real concerned with parliamentary procedure - hollow points seem to be their option of choice
You haven't seen The Wire, have you? Because Stringer Bell doing just that is all kinds of television win.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 AM

1,955 posts, read 10,983,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenoid View Post
I do not think gang members are real concerned with parliamentary procedure ...
You'd be surprised. Besides, it's not called organized crime for nothing. They run it like a business, and if it means getting involved in a HOA, then that's what it means.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
You haven't seen The Wire, have you? Because Stringer Bell doing just that is all kinds of television win.
That was a fantastic show! HBO should have never cancelled it.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 AM

445 posts, read 1,605,371 times
No I don't even have cable. I was thinking back to the Godfather and how they did business - everything is fine until there is a difference of opinion and well guess who wins that argument... Then there are a lot less disagreements - sorta like communism ??

Old 04-29-2010, 09:16 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Thanks for giving me on more reason to be glad I live in Pennsylvania, where HOA's are NOT the norm.
Honestly, HOAs are not the norm in Texas. It's just that some of the ones around the state are totally nuts due to megalomania.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
That was a fantastic show! HBO should have never cancelled it.
HBO would have gladly bought another five seasons of the show, but the producers decided they'd told as many Baltimore stories as they could at the time and moved on to telling stories about New Orleans (Treme).

Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I love it!!!!!!!!! Like the old days. When families were close and looked out for their neighbors as well as kept up their homes with no one to tell them to do so. They did what was right.

Right on Plaid!!!!!
I have lived here for almost a year now and am slowly getting to know the neighbors. The people here are not unfriendly, they are just busy (and so am I). We have plenty of retired folks around here who do twitch the curtains when they see something out of place, and they are definitely the type to at least ask you about it later. No HOA here, and the neighborhood is highly desirable with buyers because of how well-kept the properties are, not to mention the giant mature trees and the nearby exemplary-rated elementary school (that is only 1/3 white, strewth!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House