Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:12 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy-NO-ALDI View Post
There is a fight against this store as it make no sense for its existence at that location. I don't wish this type cash-only, crime magnet of a store in any area. Simply Google "ALDI AND CRIME" and read the stats. In addition, the area where they want to build the store has no room to maneuver large trucks and the parking lot will make accessibility a nightmare. There are plenty of discount stores in the vicinity with better class that do not deter the safety, congestion, home-value and quality of life. The area simply does not need a low-end discount store.

Personally, I am AGAINST IT - NO ALDI IN KATY AT OAK PARK TRAILS!
I'm all for it.

I love to watch you Katy folks squirm when something "low income" moves into your neighborhood.

It's really quite amusing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 07:26 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyKares View Post
Sorry Elnina.
Apology accepted.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:00 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
There is a fight against this store as it make no sense for its existence at that location. I don't wish this type cash-only, crime magnet of a store in any area. Simply Google "ALDI AND CRIME" and read the stats. In addition, the area where they want to build the store has no room to maneuver large trucks and the parking lot will make accessibility a nightmare. There are plenty of discount stores in the vicinity with better class that do not deter the safety, congestion, home-value and quality of life. The area simply does not need a low-end discount store.

Personally, I am AGAINST IT - NO ALDI IN KATY AT OAK PARK TRAILS!
Holy ****, you can not be serious. People just hear "discount" and think thugs will be running the show at Aldi's. Aldi's has opened up in almost every demographic hear in DFW. There is nothing wrong with them. Crime will increase with any new store opening.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:15 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
There is a fight against this store as it make no sense for its existence at that location. I don't wish this type cash-only, crime magnet of a store in any area. Simply Google "ALDI AND CRIME" and read the stats.
There's nothing easier than spreading ignorance.

There's an Aldi smack right in the center of the best part of Overland Park, Kansas
ALDI USA - Overland Park location

And just a few blocks from Leawood, KS where a lot of rich people live.
One of the nicest suburban towns in all of the US.
(Just to clarify, it's in the center of the South part of Overland Park, which is the newer, nicer area of Overland Park)

Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 AM

34 posts, read 59,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
There's nothing easier than spreading ignorance.

There's an Aldi smack right in the center of the best part of Overland Park, Kansas
ALDI USA - Overland Park location

And just a few blocks from Leawood, KS where a lot of rich people live.
One of the nicest suburban towns in all of the US.
(Just to clarify, it's in the center of the South part of Overland Park, which is the newer, nicer area of Overland Park)
Is this located right in the middle of a neighborhood where little commercial property exists? Would you like them literally in your backyard?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Is this located right in the middle of a neighborhood where little commercial property exists? Would you like them literally in your backyard?
Where it is located is a suburb, it's located in an intersection with lots of businesses
Yes, I would love to have an Aldi's in my backyard

Aldi's Overland Park, KS - Google Maps

Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Where it is located is a suburb, it's located in an intersection with lots of businesses
Yes, I would love to have an Aldi's in my backyard

Aldi's Overland Park, KS - Google Maps
The keyword is lots of businesses....

Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
The keyword is lots of businesses....
What difference does it make?
Is that supposed to give criminals more options and lower the average crime rate per Aldi location?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
Quote:
What difference does it make?
Is that supposed to give criminals more options and lower the average crime rate per Aldi location?
No, it means that the criminals can be selective as to whom they rob by watching who comes out of which establishment.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
No, it means that the criminals can be selective as to whom they rob by watching who comes out of which establishment.
Good point! Neighborhoods in the suburbs want the land that sits in the middle of their homes to be used for a community oriented purpose. They don't need a lot of traffic in and out from other areas. More traffic could lead to car accidents, possibly hurting their children. Just because Aldi works in other areas, does not mean it wil work or is wanted here. Why would you go somewhere that you are not wanted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston