Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times

Advertisements

Strange that the two crimes and suspects sound very similar - that is a bit concerning i would think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 04:50 PM

480 posts, read 1,699,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Strange that the two crimes and suspects sound very similar - that is a bit concerning i would think.
I might need to revise my earlier statement. There is mounting evidence to suggest that it is, in fact, only one murder of the man. The media has really botched the reporting of it, confusing some folks (like me).

Old 10-14-2010, 09:09 AM

258 posts, read 540,966 times
Protect yourseld, protect your family. Prepare for these types of things before they happen.

Never, never, never let someone force you into your home, especially if you have family inside.

Be BRAVE tell the person no. Tell them to shoot you right their. Do not let them inside your house, then they can rape and torture other family members inside. Do not believe them if they say they won't harm your family. Just tell them to kill you right then. You can do nothing greater in this life than to sacrifice your life for another.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:35 AM

75 posts, read 137,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquest123 View Post
Protect yourseld, protect your family. Prepare for these types of things before they happen.

Never, never, never let someone force you into your home, especially if you have family inside.

Be BRAVE tell the person no. Tell them to shoot you right their. Do not let them inside your house, then they can rape and torture other family members inside. Do not believe them if they say they won't harm your family. Just tell them to kill you right then. You can do nothing greater in this life than to sacrifice your life for another.
If you tell them to shoot you right there and they do, wouldn't that mean they have a wide open walkway into your house with your keys? So how is that protecting your family???

Old 10-15-2010, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,830 times
Criminal acts like this were the driving force for me moving out of Pearland. I lived in Pearland for over 20 years and had to leave. The influx of people coming into Pearland was scary. And as more people came, more crime and violent crimes came with it. I was scared for my family. I am a CHL and carry everyday, my wife knows how to use weapons for defense, and at home always has one close by. But I couldn't take the chance of being a statistic.. These are career criminals. Most of them do case out a location before blindly kicking in a door. So it's easy for them to follow working class people, get to know the routine and easily get the upper hand. Pearland has become a bad place to live. I upped and moved 35 miles south in the country. Much better scenery, and the attitude of the people is great. Pearland, I loved ya, but along with poor city officials, you have become a pathetic excuse for a city.

Don't get offended Pearland residence, you know it's true. Just go to walmart on any given day, and if your really brave go to the flea market. Just dont take your wife or daughters, and dang sure carry a gun.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradizecityz View Post
If you tell them to shoot you right there and they do, wouldn't that mean they have a wide open walkway into your house with your keys? So how is that protecting your family???
Because if they shoot you outside it will likely be heard if not seen by neighbors. Having drawn attention the thug will now likely be concerned with getting away. The clock has started and help is probably on the way. Heck, EMS might even save your life.

Once quietly inside the house, he is free to rape and torture you and your family. Neighbors will probably not hear any of this, perhaps not even the shots. No help is coming as you bleed to death. The bodies of you and your family might not be discovered for days.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:54 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlackJack View Post
Criminal acts like this were the driving force for me moving out of Pearland. I lived in Pearland for over 20 years and had to leave. The influx of people coming into Pearland was scary. And as more people came, more crime and violent crimes came with it. I was scared for my family. I am a CHL and carry everyday, my wife knows how to use weapons for defense, and at home always has one close by. But I couldn't take the chance of being a statistic.. These are career criminals. Most of them do case out a location before blindly kicking in a door. So it's easy for them to follow working class people, get to know the routine and easily get the upper hand. Pearland has become a bad place to live. I upped and moved 35 miles south in the country. Much better scenery, and the attitude of the people is great. Pearland, I loved ya, but along with poor city officials, you have become a pathetic excuse for a city.

Don't get offended Pearland residence, you know it's true. Just go to walmart on any given day, and if your really brave go to the flea market. Just dont take your wife or daughters, and dang sure carry a gun.

Seriously, it's not that bad....

Old 10-16-2010, 07:02 AM

480 posts, read 1,699,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Seriously, it's not that bad....
I totally agree. Pearland is still (generally) very safe, especially for a city that is probably going to top 100K after the final census numbers are tallied. Anybody who follows the local news around the GHA for the last couple of years should realize that everything TxBlackJack wrote about Pearland could also be said about Sugarland - and it's supposed to be the safest place around.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:51 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlackJack View Post

Interestingly, Pearland's crime rate is lower than
Moderator cut: links removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 10-18-2010 at 06:48 AM..

Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,671 times
So where did ya'll read that the deceased had a criminal history? This does not seem random to me either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston